ETKA software or exploded diagram needed

cha1n

Reaction score
Basically i need an exploded diagram of a facelift S3 headlamp (fitted with HID system) and an exploded diagram of a facelift projector headlamp so i can compare internals.

If nobody can supply this can you let me know where i can get a copy of ETKA, i've typed it into ebay with no results. Cheers for any help

Ross

maybe you're looking for ELSA? i have ELSA WIN and it gives that kinds of diagrams. i got it off ebay.

i can't give you what you want because i need a chasis number (my car is prefacelift). if you supply me with your cars model, year and chasis no., i could get it for you.

PM me with your email address and I can send you exploded diagram from ETKA

regards

Thanks for the replies lads, can anyone with an S3 please let me know where their ballasts are mounted around the headlamp as on the ETKA diagram it appears to connect to a bracket, but sort of looks like it gets mounted inside of the headlamp unit, i'd like some comfirmation.

Also do the S3s have HID main beams aswell as dipped? I'm trying to establish whether the projectors are fitted with the solenoid which allows it to operate as dipped or main beam as again, in the diagram the S3 appears to have standard halogen main beam. Sorry for all the questions, hope someone can help.

P.S. Is there a moderator who can change the title of my thread to 'OEM HID experts required within' or can someone let me know how to change the thread title, as it now asks for something i no longer require, my needs have changed and it's pointless starting a new thread?!

Its in a small bracket behind the bumper, underneath the crash bar kinda thing. What do you need to know as I had my headlight and ballast out last week to change one of the ballasts so may know what you need to know.

Do you know if your main beam is emitted from your projector that your dipped beam is emitted, or whether their is a seperate halogen bulb for the main beam, as the latter is how it appears on ETKA. Thanks.

main beam is seperate to the dipped xenon, its a halogen bulb instead too

Just retro fitted face lift hid's to my pre face lift S3, The pre face lift lights had the ballasts clipped to the bottom of the light casing, where as the face lif ones were as joe6886 stated clipped to the crash bar,
and as jon s3 has said the main beam is seperate to dipped and a halogen bulb, I think the system your looking for is fitted to the lupo GTi the projector has a type of eye lid which when the main beam is activated moves back but, this is in addition to a seperate halogen main beam bulb so the hid assists the halogen, I think this is known as bi-xenon
hth
Keith_S3