Problem with AmD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parf7

Reaction score
I feel ripped off by AmD!!

When I purchased my S3 I was told it was totally standard, so I decided that I wanted that little bit more! So I booked the car in with AmD, (Its around a 7 hours round trip, they are not cheap £850, but as they claim to be the best I thought it was a trip worth while) I paid my £100 deposit over the phone and travelled to them.
When AmD did an initial power run they noticed that the car was pushing out more than standard so they told me that it must have already been tuned this was news to me, and the previous owner, a surprise & a bit of a bonus. So not wanting to waste AmD's time I spend £1200 on a set of 18" alloy wheels and would have spend a further £900 on a brake upgrade if they had, had them in stock. I then waited 4 hours for AmD to fit a set of wheels, but I was patient, and then departed.
I have now discovered that for the single power run they have charged me £100!! I received no power print out, no power figures , no reports and they did no tuning to the car! All they did was drive it once on the rolling road!! - What makes it worse is that I have read other posts on various forums that some AmD customers have recieved a free power run & print out when purchasing items!!

I feel quite hard done by as they project the image of customer care and fairness yet £100 for the 20 minutes work involved strapping the car down seems excessive to me!! I appreciate that I may have to pay something but £100!!

Was that not your £100 deposit??? i.e non refundable

Rich

Come on. I would try to rephrase that, specially the title. As I was reading your post I was thinking they were going to remap it again when it was already done, but the reality is they were honest enough and told you it was already chipped. With this said, you might have just turned round and walked away, leaving none of your money there. I think they were quite honest, as a fact! Try talking to them to see what they can arrange. Tomorrow I´m taking my car to a carppy 2wd rolling road, and it is going to cost me 47 €.

AL,

Thats what I'm hoping for!!
John was good to me when I was up at AmD and I've contacted him regarding this problem. I'm currently waiting for a reply.
My only real point is that I've had nothing for my money (printout etc) and the fact that they didnt mention they would be taking the money!

Parf,

If you booked your car in for the remap, and paid £100 non-refundable deposit (which it is) then, whats the problem? Thats the whole idea of deposits... They werent to know that your car had been chipped already, so they lost out on that front, cos they could have given your booking to someone else.

Rich

swings and roundabouts

£100 should have been knocked off his wheels then they should off charged you £20-£30 for the rolling road! Its not like he didnt buy anything from them or wasted there time?? just my opion

This is prob the first time ive read a bad report on Amd

Dont get me wrong I'm not completely knocking AmD, the service John provided was good, but I dont see why I have to pay for nothing. If I hant turned up I wouldnt be complaining. As not to mess them about I bought a set of 18" RSTT off them and as pointed out on a previous thread you can get these with tyres for around £850 I knew this but as a sign of good will I still bought mine off AmD and paid £1200!!

[ QUOTE ]
Parf7 said:
Dont get me wrong I'm not completely knocking AmD, the service John provided was good, but I dont see why I have to pay for nothing. If I hant turned up I wouldnt be complaining. As not to mess them about I bought a set of 18" RSTT off them and as pointed out on a previous thread you can get these with tyres for around £850 I knew this but as a sign of good will I still bought mine off AmD and paid £1200!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad... neglected to read that bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

What date was the transaction? the day you booked it in, or the day you actually went there? Could be that they forgot to refund it??

Rich

Hi Parf7

I hope that all of that was not just a KNEE JERK reaction. Reading all of the posts it would apear that you paid your deposit in good faith amd that AMD reciprocated by informing you that it had more power then you thought and was already chipped.
If they were dishonest in any way they could easlily have rechipped the car without having put it on a rolling road and you would never had known that it had been chipped already. The mere fact that they were asked to re-chip it they had no reponsibility to pre-roplling road it before their chiping was done. You would have had their chip, as requested and you would have been happy. However there honesty has created a situation which, in your opinion is un-paletable, whereas they have saved you a lot of money.
I hope that you will be tolerant for in my opinion they upheld their part of the contract very professionally, other tuners could have easily stitched you up.

Hi Parv,

I'm sorry but I don't really buy this "felt obliged to buy something" malarky. AmD did you an honest turn when they told you the car was chipped; if you felt you owed them something - and decided to purchase wheels above market value, if that is indeed the case - then that's your problem not theirs. Caveat emptor and all that. I'm sure they will send you the print out of the RRs if you ask.

a deposit is a guarantee payment that should be deducted from a final payment or repaid on reciept of full payment.

tp&n

Damn John, good reply /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Parf, sounds to me like you received some pretty good customer service, got a deal on some nice wheels, and a Rolling Road which cost you 20 GBP less than std.
I understand that your first post sounded a bit harsher than you prolly intended, but dude, c'mon, it sounds like you still wound up on the better end of the deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope you enjoy the RSTT's, and let's see some pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The reason I started this thread with such a strong title was to invoke a reaction, and I believe I have. There seems to be a mixed opinion on how AmD should have acted and its nice to see that we have managed to keep it civalized.
My intention was to information share, and ask for a variety of opinions, that is what I though this board was for. (Not meaning to sound pissy)

I have been in contact with John off the board and as he has stated I will be getting my power graphs, so I'm as happy as I can be, and for that reason its probably best that this thread ends now.

And to finish I actually paid £1175.20 for my wheels not £1200

Thats for all your comments and not turning this thread into a ******* match!

Simon

And on that note, as all is now sorted, i'll close this thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.