s3 starting problems...

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hi, this has only started happening in the mornings when its been cold and sometimes during the evenig when i havent driven the car for a day or so.

When i turn the key it will take a few secs to start instead of straight away, and sometimes i have to give it a put of gas, plus the revs drop real low like under 1k and the idle is very lumpy.

A few times ive started the car and a sceond later the cars stalled as the revs dropped so low.

What do you lot reckon the problem could be?

Thanks

Allan

You sure its not the immobiliser fault that every1 seems to get, flashign key on the dash?

U can keep it running by booting the revs but as soon as u let off it'll just cut off

Could also be ur MAF try unplugging it to see if the car starts and stays that way - dont use that as a fix tho

hi, i havent seen any lights flash up on dash when starting, the maf is a new one so shouldnt be that, plus car seems to start fine sometimes and not other times. Really weird, could it be something like spark plugs, or starter motor or something along them lines, i will at some point get it looked at, just a bit hard at mo, working nites for a week or so.

Allan

tried the usual culprits like coolant temp sensor and lambda?