Audio issues

S3 AD

Reaction score
I need some advice please guys, I had a strange experience with the Audio in my S3 this week end, I did a long motorway jouney Friday evening with no problems at all - music blasting out all the way :),
on Saturday morning I got in the car turned the engine on & the stereo display said err for each CD it tried to read, I did not have time to worry about it as I had to be somewere, the car was then parked all day & when I went to come home Saturday night the same thing happened, as I was going to be on the motorway for a couple of hours I wasnt happy so I turned the stereo on & off a few times & ejected the CD cartridge & restarted engine but still no luck :-(
So I resorted to the radio, listened to that for a while & got bored & so tried the CD changer again & it came on straight away & seemed fine & has been since.
Has anyone else had anything silimar & know the cause?
I have a Concert tape head unit 6 CD changer & Boss. I am now thinking about changing to a Concert CD head unit & some sort of MP3 storage unit rather than an auto changer, has anyone any recomendations for this type of set up?

any advice would be greatfully recieved.

have you tried cleaning the lens in your changer? could be the problem, had the same prob on an older head unit.
if u buy a new head unit, u need a wireing loom and stuff for the bose systems as i have one, sounded hard work so i think im stayin with std. ask anymac he seems well up on A3 ICE installations!