Brakes

garratt83

Reaction score
Hi

My right rear brake squeeks all the time when I brake. Have had the power hose to see if it was dirty but still does it. Also when moving slowly in traffic it squeeks a little like someting is catching. Any ideas, suggestions

Also is it worth getting a haynes manual

Cheers

Paul

My brakes have squeaked since they day I got it (2 months), I thought they might have sorted themselves out after a short period of time as they usually do.

I am thinking about getting it looked at as it may be more than just a squeak.

Mine squeak sometimes too and I changed discs and pads last year.

mind have never squeeked!!! you might have a problem? best to get it checked on your next service or something!

mine now squeel after fitting mintex extreme pads. does my t*ts in. Will remove and apply liberal amounts of copper grease see if it helps.

Anti-squeal shims should help. They are thin metal shims that fit between the brake caliper piston and the pad.

You could try taking the pads out and re-greasing them. The rear pads are prone to siezing when the backing plate corrodes.

My front brakes squeal a lot when you use them lightly, but they are fine when used hard. I just need to get round to making some shims.

the S3 has sticky pads instead of squeel shims, strange I know but thats what were on mine and what was on thye replacements dont know if the 1.8 sport is the same ????

if it is these may have worn through ????

My old rear brakes squeeled like a bus. Embarrassing as hell in traffic. I tried a few different things - rebuilt the brakes about four times, re-did the edges of the pads, etc. The only thing that really worked was changing to Pagid pads.