import???

amarveer

Reaction score
would you tell me if you would reccomend buying an imported s3 from germany.
im considering buying a y reg s3 2001 facelift model, silver leather, chrome mirrors, bose sound, centre armrest, in black. it has done 24000 miles. how much do you think it is worth??? also how much more will the insurance be as its a import???
thankssssssss.

a quick check to ensure it is uk spec is that there should be a passenger seat airbag deactivation switch in the glovebox as well as the UK spec petrol filler pipe (to stop you putting diesel in)?

No reason not to buy the S3, after all it was made on the same line as UK supplied cars (i bought two - both direct from Germany).

Also insurance shouldn't be any more really as it is not a grey import - however just tell them anyway (make sure you tell them it is Full UK Spec and is a personal import - not a 'Grey' one)

thanks mate thats brilliamt. yes it does have both those you listed. how much would you say its worth??? he wants 17.5

Is it from a dealer or private?

I would say its a good price from a dealer....a little on the steep side for a private sale

Nick's correct - a rough/ready comparison should be made with the Autotrader web site against cars equal age/condition etc IMO.

remember, the only 'Real' difference between the import and the UK Spec car should be the warranty - your car probably won't have any Audi warranty as the EU rules at the time the car was made/sold meant the car was only supplied with 12 months warranty so you should factor this into the costs/purchase against a UK car.