S3 Short Shift

DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.dpmperformance.co.uk
Has anyone fitted a short shift to there S3? I'm thinking of giving the Diesel Geek one a go to see how it feels but was just interested in anyone else's opinion that's got one fitted?

I'm sure Defratos has one fitted. He's got a bit on his website about it.

have you had a look into fitting an OEM TT one? they are shorter than an OEM S3 one. A dieselgeek may seem extreme on an s3.

Try to find someone with one to try first...

I tried a Neuspeed short shift and I hated it.

The S3 'box isn't the most slick ever produced and it just made it worse...
And S3 'boxes have soft-as-***** 2nd to 3rd syhchros (as will all VAG gearboxes) and adding a short shift can increase the change of rushing the gearchange and wrecking the synchro.

I managed to 'harm' my 2nd to 3rd synchro without a short shift...so with one it would have been gearbox rebuild time by now....that is assuming you want a short shift to change gear a bit quicker?

I've got the diesel geek one installed, imo I like over the nuespeed and oem, I've tried the nuespeed but it just felt too clunky, the geek one felt really smooth, but I haven't tried his new ones (I had the slightly older version if you take a look at my website). Anyway I'd agree with Ess with this one, even though I've got a short shift, when it comes to shifting quick i can feel it harms the engine at times, but only when it's silly shifting, otherwise I'd say go for it, would be nice to see how someone else finds it :beerchug:

I took delivery of an EIP short shift with reduced side to side from The Phirm. Went to fit it and it was the wrong type for my car. My pre-facelift requires the ball type linkage and they sent the pin type of the facelift model. Gotta send it back to the States and wait for the right one to turn up. Not of much use, but kinda related and I needed to vent...

*and calm*

has nobody ever tried the OEM TT one?

madvw said:
has nobody ever tried the OEM TT one?

I m amazed at this i thought it would be first on the list unless its that hard to do or exspensive ?

mattyboy199 said:
I m amazed at this i thought it would be first on the list unless its that hard to do or exspensive ?

Price and part number anyone? let's give it ago.