s3 insurance

viper

Reaction score
i got a quote today for an s3 which is

24 year old male - student
2 year no claims with 1 crash and claim pending - not fault claim.
with no extra security devices, parked on driveway with 12,000 annual miles.

the quote i got was 1544.58 fully comp. is that a resonable price for an s3 for my details?

if u guys dont mind me asking what you are paying for fully comp insurance on an s3.
thx in adv.

cheapest i could get was £2500 with 2 years no claims, no points, no claims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

every1 else wanted 5k plus! Im 24.

i've got no points.
so i'll take it 1500 is a good price.

yes I would say it is...cheapest place I found was tesco and elephant.

Try admiral, just got quote of £650, Aged 27, 6points.

Rich.

427 fully comp...250 excess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

26, £457 (Fully comp protected no claims) - Yooo Hooo (Bell Direct)

How many of you guy's with low insurance premiums live in London? What part of the county are you in because some of your premiums look fantastic. Anyway: 26, Full NCD £1250 in London.

[ QUOTE ]
acf8181 said:
but its still a lot extra when you compare with, say, liverpool victoria who allow any cosmetic mods for free (in fact any mods that don't increse performance).

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? That's good to know...
But what do they class as preformance increasing? A SS exhaust?
Bell Direct added £80.00 to my Golf premium a couple of years ago, just to add a Milltek exhaust that gives ****** all power increase!

also that price includes my wife on the police (she's only 21)

direct line have quoted me 1600. but if i add my sister as a named driver then it is 1300, (as if i'd let her drive the car).

is this a good price?

guys is this strange or wot.

it'd cost me more to insure the 1.8t quattro than the s3.

what are insurance companies on?

[ QUOTE ]
NWMark said:
Viper,

When i do a quote with Directline, its the same for the A3 1.8T, A3 1.8TQ and S3 210, which is £1160. Add girlfriend and this comes down £60 (i knew she'd come in useful one day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif ).

If i try it with the S3 225 it puts the quote up around £350 quid to £1499.

looks like im after a 210 only then.

Forgot to say, Im 24 with 3yrs NCB and no claims (in past 3 years) or points

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a thought about that though, if you chip or modify the car, they calculate the increase as a % increase in power. So if it's a 210 or a 225 they both end up about 265-270bhp, which is a bigger % increase on a 210, so maybe a bigger hike? Not sure though!

About to take the plunge and get an S3.
Six unregistered one's left in Audi stock.
After a silver one with 18" S line (?) alloys, Bose, Leather/Alcantara, etc.
Current car (no laughing) - A 1997 Golf GTi 16V is £588 grp 15 but about to move from Bristol to London so not sure what to expect insurance wise. 28, IAM driver, 25 year old wife a named driver, 5 years NCB. Should be bearable!
Taking over the in laws business in Canary Wharf hence the step up.

How about this for a strange insurance quote.

- looking to change cars from a 2000 Golf GT TDI 110 (group 11) to an '02 S3 225. Spoke to existing insurers Privilege & they quoted me £35 to change for the rest of the year (about 8 months). I couldn't believe it!

- whats more, when I actually bought the S3 and called to transfer the insurance, they said 'no charge'!!!. Needless to say, my grin was even wider than normal driving the S3 home.

The moral of the story is try Privilege & don't drive a diesel for insurance reasons alone !