Dog bone bushes for TDi

A3Sport

Reaction score
I am looking at fitting the dog bone bushes on my TDi A3. However some have told me that the design of aftermarket bushes is so hard that the car vibrates inside?

has anybody else been told this or just a rumour? I really need to know before buying the bushes kit.

Thanks in advance;)

I have them fitted to my S3 and yes there is a slight bit of vibration when pulling away but not when idling or cruising....but mines have now settled down and it is no longer noticable.

Buy them for what they cost, if you don't like them then revert back to standard. It only takes 10mins to change them.

I've got the even harder ones made by ECS on my car (and all three parts) and there is more vibration however I don't find it annoying as it's only really at pulling away / very low revs it makes any difference, however the changes to the gear change etc are worth any down side from the vibrations.

Forgot to add, in my opinion most of the people that complain about the bushes didn't fit them right as you really need new bolts and they need to be set to the correct torque.

Thanks for the info so far. I have been told the situation is different with the TDi engine. More vibration?

Surely someone has had something work for a TDi as there are loads of you out there. I think :sos: LOL

Yes lots of vibration!! Sell it an get an S3! lol just kidding. Tdi engines do vibrate more hence not to go for a too hard bush. Have you torqued them up correctly?
Any one know the correct torque settings for the bolts?

Ah, so the petrol engine is different to the diesel for the vibration!

So is there maybe a dog bone bush kit for TDi ?

Yes there is a decent dog bone kit for the TDi. I personally dont recommend you go for the Powerflex ones as they are like a solid block of plastic and are known to be too hard.
I have got SuperPro ones fitted to mine and you can choose the various grades of softness for dogbone on the TDi.
I have the intermidiate( fast road/street) one fitted to my S3 and suggest you go for the '70' grade if you have a soot chucker.
If you need further help let me know.
Cheers

Anyone got the correct torque figures for the dog bone mount ?