whats your mpg reading?...and whats the max youve had?

*Rashs3*

Just bought a S3!
Reaction score
Hiya,

being a new audi s3 user im really enjoying my new car, but my mpg readings at best have been around 22!...i have to admit i have been enjoying it at the moment but would be interested to know what sort of miles ppl are getting!

ta...

Same boat as you unfortunatly, had it around a month. Averaging 22.9 mpg, not too good.

I've not had mine long but generally I do town driving and fairly short jorneys and get about 23mpg. At the weekend I did a 200 mile A road + motorway trip so as an experiment reset the computer and drove the first part of the journey like an old lady and the average was sticking around 38mpg! Its now around 33 which is still quite impressive compared to what I normally get.

I usually average around 23/24. I do have a heavy right foot though. :racer: I did try mellowing out for a while to see what I'd get & like Syzygy, I got around 38, not that it lasted that long. :thrashi:

On my 16 mile (8 in the morning, 8 in the evening) daily round trip I am showing 28MPG.

On a long run 33-36 is quite achievable.

It's in your hands ... depends how you drive it. If you cane it, like any similar car, you can't expect more than 22MPG. Subarus and Evos give much less under similar conditions so we're lucky ... we have nicer cars too.

I average 32 in my 1.8T atm, and that's mostly on 40mph roads. I've found if you have the computer set so the mpg is constantly changing, you can really see when you are using all the petrol. Just resting your foot gently on the pedal when you're going a set speed can help the mpg. I did it for a while and got really good mpg, only thing was i wasn't looking at the road much and you get sort of addicted to how good you can get the mpg.

In the end i just decided to enjoy it and floor it where i see fit, unless you're driving it like a granny and still getting crap mpg don't worry about it if you're having fun..

54mpg on way home last night in my TDi.

But if i calculate off tank rather than computer i always get 49mpg regardless of how it's driven.

32.8 currently in my S3. It has been 32.9 but seems to be back on it's way down. This has accumulated over 10 months and 13k miles.

mines the same. only had i a while so still enjoying the excitment of a new car at the moment so getting no higher than 25mpg. havnt really done anymotorway driving yet so will have to see what thats like! feel like i might aswell cut a hole in my pocket at the momnet!

I did think about MPG a while ago & so havnt re set the counter in about 5 months (so about 6k), in that time I have done a pretty good mix of M ways & traffic jams & putting my foot down (HARD :laugh: ) & at the moment the average is 27.2, I think that is resonable.

mine is 28.3 mpg average driving, i always warm my car up and let her cool down -i think this helps. never rev it high to in the first 10 minutes

30.9Mpg - That's been the average over the last 8k.
My commute is mix of 20miles or so on motorway, 5miles urban & traffic and then 5 miles of B-roads each way everyday.

Mines around 23 mpg, i once managed to get it down to 19 mpg, it seemed to of changed after a service.

Glad its not just me with low MPG, thought it was just me enjoying the car too much.

22mpg dam driving hard, mine never changes always manage 24.8mpg!

You making me look like i drive miss daisy!

Since I got the big turbo fitted, my mpg has gone way up. Sitting around 28mpg just now - surely can't be right, not with the way I drive....

Stewart said:
Mine always hovers around 26.7 and thats almost 2 years of mixed with about 4k miles of Euro long distance stuff.

Same here, not sure if the others are driving very hard from the cars being cold or what but in my standard S3 with a mixture of fast motorway / backroads / city driving and my longterm average is around the same as yours. I don't think I hang about and I dread to think what I'd have to do to get 22mpg out of a whole tank of fuel (I think I'd be done for dangerous driving by now).

Im getting around 27-28 at moment, but when I got the car only two months ago was reading 22.

I was getting around 57 in my golf tdi:sly:

dis says i get about 35 but its more like 32, 400-440 to the tank thats on my normal drive to work and back.

running on tesco 99 ron around town getting 24.9 on a run goes up to around 29 mpg.has not altered since the re-map either.

S3tony said:
dis says i get about 35 but its more like 32, 400-440 to the tank thats on my normal drive to work and back.

How on earth do you manage 400+? I presume your car is an S3 from your name. That's quite impressive, Max from mine is 370 at a push, but mines MTM'd.

Lovegroover said:
How on earth do you manage 400+? I presume your car is an S3 from your name. That's quite impressive, Max from mine is 370 at a push, but mines MTM'd.

yeah it is a s3 standard 225bhp, 450 is the best ive ever done normally just over 400. my daily commute theese days sees me stuck behind traffic between 40-60 and a few villages about 20 miles each way.done 120 miles so far on current tank and the dis says i have 400 to go.

Now I don't feel so bad ....

Owned an S8 4.2 for a week now and have just crept over the 21mpg, general urban and motorway driving.

I will be using an addative that increased my old scooby economy from 22mpg to 28/9mpg.

Will keep you all posted on the results the Audi manages.

im sure this colder weather is makin my mpg fall like a stone, or my love for drifing round the wet corners, no only on 34mpg after i fueld up, gonna leave it on for a while see if it gets up. thats pure urban drivin, with a lot of B roads :D

I get around 31mpg in my S3, mostly good B roads and motorways ~ 80 miles / day.

Best I've got is 41.2MPG in my 1.8T (REVO stage 1). This was on a 90 mile drive on a mixture of 40 and dual carriage way roads. It wasn't like I was sitting at 55 all the way either! It was a generally spirited drive with my foot firmly pressed to the floor on some occasions!

Generally I'll get about 35/36 driving to work(10miles), getting near 33 now the cold weather has started though!

27.2 average over the last 3k, 35 on the motorway.

my car is sitting at about 25, but i just drove it almost the length of the country when i picked it up.

how do i reset the mpg counter?

my old car was a fiesta (don't laugh) and I only got like 28mpg, i've been quite impressed by how much fuel the s3 uses.