SPACERS - WHAT WIDTH???

ash_s3

Reaction score
Im looking for some spacers for my S3
I have Genuine RSTT 18's on and Leon cupra R brembo brakes on the front, they wouldnt fit without spacers so i bought some crappy 5mm spacers from halfords, they do the job but theyre not hubcentric and im getting a bit of vibrtion through the steering wheel with them on (wheels have been balanced)

thinking i should do the job properly with proper spacers and longer bolts
what size do you guys reccomend 10mm on the front and 15mm on the back

the back seem ok as they are with no spacers but it looks like people do the front + rear too

any help appreciated!

Thanks
Ash

ive done the 15/10mm combo car sits perfect now :)

not had any big load in the back to see if it rubs tho

cheers Pablo, what make did you go for?
how much n where from?!

i take it longer bolts are essential - what about locking nuts?

Thanks

yeh sure mate, if you could Pm me a price that'd be cool
cheers DPM

Ash

ash_s3 said:
cheers Pablo, what make did you go for?
how much n where from?!

i take it longer bolts are essential - what about locking nuts?

Thanks

FK with longer bolts. bought em 2nd hand off the forum :)

DPM said:
I would yes... with this kind of item though it would need to be 10 people to get any major discount.

on behalf of a friend whose looking can you PM me a quote also.

Gotta be well on the way to 10 :)

PM me a price as well please mate.

Any chance you could find out a price for a group buy as well

blimey... £209 for spacers and bolts... am i missing something here or are they just bits of metal that make the wheels stick out a little bit??

do they actually help with handling atall or are they purely cosmetic?

any down sides to them??

are there any implications on the handling with the spacers fitted? been thinking about getting some myself - A price would be good DPM, PM please

cheers

It's mainly just for looks although it does give the car a wider stance when driving which does improve the overall feel of the car. If we can get some definates then we can get a GB going for them! :thumbsup:

Yeah but with postage that'll be £181.99 and they're all 10mm, people here are looking for 10mm front and 15mm rear. If we had a GB the price would be cheaper then that anyway and even without the GB the price we're doing them at is cheaper for like to like aswell.

So what sort of price are we looking at for a group buy?

how cheap are we talking for the GB. i think if you could set a definate price for 10 orders then people could think about it more seriously.

ta

www.wheel-spacers.co.uk for a cheaper alternative. eg 15mm hubcentric are £45 a pair with bolts included. Obviously not as good quality as H&R/Eibach etc but were good enough for the front of my M3.

dont want to step on anyones toes but i paid 185 delivered for H & R 10mm front and 16mm spacers, and a set of mcgard locking bolts.

£165 is a fair price-thats what they should be anyway

We've checked everyone's websites and checked with H&R, and in the GB they're at least £18 cheaper then the nearest supplier and postage is also on top of that where as the £165 includes postage from us so it is a good saving on them!

How much for just a set of 15mm spacers and longer wheel bolts?

Damian, I remember you saying that H&R did a hubcentric 8mm spacer. Could you get some pics as I'd like to see how they fit before buying some.

It was something to do with the thickness of metal on the spacer at the hub. It's prone to cracking if it's too thin. I've been looking for a set of hubcentric 8mm spacers so I get less scruffing with the CHs.