Badger5JMB Retrofits
    DreA3Turbo

Status

Question :: S3 Clocks in A3 Turbo ::

Hello All - Back after a seriously long time away.

I have had a little splash out on the car since the last time, and have got some new Rims, Lights, an S3 interior - picking up tomorrow!! ;o) and also a set of S3 clocks (light grey background).....and here we have the problem....

My current clocks have the following connector....

My new ones have this connector...

Do you know if there is some sort of adapter that can be used to make them functional...otherwise it looks like they will be making their way back to eBay for resale :o(

Good to be back on and posting...looking forward to your advice...

Cheers...

Dre.!
    Definition of a Paradox : Your Damned if you do and your Damned if you dont......So Just DO IT!!!

A3 1.8TS | APR modchip | Forge DV | S3 Roof Spoiler | 40mm Drop | 19" B7 RS4's | S3 Black Interior | 12" JL Audio W3 | CrossFire Amp | Full C-Code | & the eyes of an Angel....

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    what's the point of having S3 clocks on a non S3?

6th Gear

Status
    Can't be done without spending a lot of money.

The clocks are part of the ECU. So Audi would have to re-program it even if you could get the connector for it.

Not worth the hassle or the money.
    Pirates black Honda Accord Type-R VTEC

DreA3Turbo

Status

in answer...

...My A3 is silver....they compliment the exterior of the car & are easier than trying to replace them with a white (or any other colour for that matter) dial kit ....

I guess its similar to any reason that anyone changes any parts on their car...
    Definition of a Paradox : Your Damned if you do and your Damned if you dont......So Just DO IT!!!

A3 1.8TS | APR modchip | Forge DV | S3 Roof Spoiler | 40mm Drop | 19" B7 RS4's | S3 Black Interior | 12" JL Audio W3 | CrossFire Amp | Full C-Code | & the eyes of an Angel....

DreA3Turbo

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Markb
    Can't be done without spending a lot of money.

The clocks are part of the ECU. So Audi would have to re-program it even if you could get the connector for it.

Not worth the hassle or the money.
    Thanks for the heads up Mark - fortunately I didnt part with major money for them - caught an auction at the right time on ebay for them.

Better start drafting up that new eBay listing ..... ;o)