bbs rsII's

S3tony

Reaction score
i was just wondering as theese wheels are split rims do they need taking apart for tyres to be fitted? would any tyre fitter be able to fit tyres to theese? any info greatly appreciated.

regards tony

A split rim doesnt need to to be taken apart to fit a tyre, any tyre fitting gaff will be able to do it for you.

They are very strong and very light weight in comparison to normal cast wheels. More associated with track race cars the wheels can also be adjusted by fitting different sections to allow offset adjustment etc and also repairs. The price of them is also in race car territory!!!

cheers fella, lookin for a set at the mo, just hopin to not have to take out a mortgage for them.

JonesyGT said:
They are very strong and very light weight in comparison to normal cast wheels. More associated with track race cars the wheels can also be adjusted by fitting different sections to allow offset adjustment etc and also repairs. The price of them is also in race car territory!!!

Just a few points here:
RSIIs aren't split rims...they are 2pc.
The centre is bolted to the rim...but the rim is 1 piece.

Proper split rims can have their width and offset changed by swapping inners and outers..RSIIs can't.

RSIIs are light...but not as light as a single piece 18" BBS wheel...like an RX or RC.
I used to have them on my S3...

Ess_Three said:
I used to have them on my S3...

i know and lovely they were/are. every time i see the pics floating around makes me want them even more.