Few probs with s3...

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hi, got a few more problems to add to my list that maybe someone on here can help me with, firstly should my car be popping or backfiring at the exhaust, it was doing it 2day, I had the windows down for once and noticed when I let off the accelerator at high revs I can hear a popping noise, this cant be good cannot? Over fuelling??

Also noticed I get really weird noises when on full lock whilst moving like going around a small roundabout, cant really explain just doesn’t sound healthy.

Oh and last problem is when I let off the accelerator at high revs say in third gear the car makes a banging noise from underneath, like the gearbox or something. Could this mean the dog bone needs replacing.

The car as a whole just feels like its falling apart, only noticed 2day as I had to make a 150 mile trip up north and back, never really drive on long journeys, anyway….

Any ideas guys,

Thanks in advance

Allan

Popping isnt nessesarily bad, may very well be over fuelling though!

The noise you can hear when you have full lock could be rubbing? have you had the car lowered or bigger wheels? or it could be a dodgey power steering pump!

Not too sure about the last one! soory

hole in the exhaust? Or leaky joint?

well i havent had the car looked at, could be loads of things, the cars standard except remap.

hi anyone know where the most common boost leak points are so i can check them.