Gt28rs n custom Remap

sanspeed

Nastily Aspirated
Reaction score
Picked up my car on friday from mrc. very pleased! slight problem with the brakes though so havent been able to really push it. Manir at MRC said its probably the one way valve from the brake servo - when i go hard on the power then straight onto the brakes theres no pedal for about 2 seconds then the vacum must build up again and its fine. I think the new charge pipe is touching slightly on the standard strut brace as well. a few minor adjustments and it should be fine.From what i can feel already the car has been mapped very smoothly, its a nice strong power progression, not so on/off anymore. It puts a big big smile on my face anyway!! It is slightly too loud for my liking at the mo' since the fitting of the the new single sport cat set up.i'm gonna get the Milltek resonated centre section to replace my non resonated section. Hopefully that will suppress the sound to get that perfect sound. Although it does sound really really mean at the moment I dont think i would be a big hit with the neigbours! I will post pics soon and some figures when i get it dyno'd

Tallpaul said:
How do MRC map a BT conversion without a dyno?

Same as the rest of us, in the real world with the correct airflow the car would normally see, not in an artificial environment.

Corey said:
Same as the rest of us

Ah, 'the rest of us'...

Not having a dig at MRC or any other tuners without a dyno. Just asking.

Must be tricky to get full load data reproducably etc etc.

the road is the only place to map a car properly imo. not to say you cant do a lot of thee work on a dyno but still needs to be run in the real world to get it right.

indeed, anyway sorry to have prompted hijack of your thread. ;)

i imagine it goes very well now :)

What is the full spec of your engine now?

Tallpaul said:
indeed, anyway sorry to have prompted hijack of your thread. ;)

i imagine it goes very well now :)

What is the full spec of your engine now?
Gt2860RS Cast manifold custom polished 3" Downpipe, Custom polished 3" intake running a SIMOTA carbon fibre aero form air filter, custom single race cat set up with milltek system. Bailey re-circ dump valve, custom Re-map.

Hi Sanspeed,

Quick question, do you know the Garrett part number of the turbo you have? Should be 739548-XXXX?

I ask because there are two varients of this and im trying to establish which performs better on the road than the other?

Input most appreciated.

Thanks

loftgroover said:
Hi Sanspeed,

Quick question, do you know the Garrett part number of the turbo you have? Should be 739548-XXXX?

I ask because there are two varients of this and im trying to establish which performs better on the road than the other?

Input most appreciated.

Thanks
I will find out n let you know.

Tallpaul said:
Tidy, which mani have you got?
Its designed and cast by a sweedish tuning company and comes as part of the big turbo kit that we supply and fit at sanspeed.

I may well be wrong ( im sure ill be corrected if i am!) but i think its possible the manifold is from a Danish company called Daugbjerg www.scanturbo.dk, they do two or three manifolds for the 1.8T engine.

If so its a very nice high nickel manifold with nice aero properties.

That could be it, they have two versions a 350+bhp and a 450+bhp one.

I have the 350+ one behind my desk and its not that, but that might be the 450+ item as ive not seen that one.

I believe the manifold alone is approx 180 gbp