Steering column?

rodenal

Reaction score
Got a '97 a3 with a little 1.6 engine in it thats been givin me a bit of grief for just over a year now.

Latest problem is, im getting a click when i turn the steering wheel from lock to lock, it only happens once and doesnt happen when going over bumps ets its purely when turnign the wheel.

I can feel it through the wheel and although it isnt a loud noise or alot of movement id like to sort it. I have a couple of mechanic friends who both reckon it's the column, however they are by no means audi experts.

Its somethin i could do myself and i can get a reasonably priced new column, however obviously i dont want to replace this for nothing.

Any1 had a similar problem and sorted it?

On a complete tangent im also after a new glovebox cover as mine is creakin like a biatch and a new style centre console insert if anybody can help

On the column issue.

Mine does it too. Its annoying and from what I have found out it is the column. Would be a stealer job. Not cheap either. Someone else on here has got the same prob. Taking mine to a garge this week cos the management light has come on again, will ask them to take a look at it.