How much do people pay to insure S3's?

*Rashs3*

Just bought a S3!
Reaction score
Hiya .....interested to know how much people pay to insure there s3's....how old are u?...and how many years no claims?....any good insurance companys u know worth trying?

ta

Hey alright mate! Im 23 first policy in my own name and my insurance is £1200 on my S3 been driving 5 years! no points or claims! I think this is a good price i think, What sort of prices does everyone else pay?

im 21, been driving for 4 years, 4 years NCB, no points or convictions and i pay just a few pence less than £1000.:eyebrows:

23 (22 at purchase), 1 years ncb and I'm paying 1,680. Nobody would touch me for insurance this time last year! Churchill quoted me 1,200 last month, but I wasn't willing to lose a years ncb over another 3 months' payments. I lost 18 months ncb for coming off a company fleet scheme!

i am 23 have 5 years NCB and pay £620 (if paid in 1 off payment) for myself and my partner as a named driver. This is with admiral (found through confused.com). They only people who could come close were Adrian Flux, who I was previously insured with at around £830 (without my gf on).

I was well impressed with my policy.

Hey Dean_20 im with elephant and my is £1200 and i havent got any NCB think i got a bargain there! Did i? :ermm::greyrs4: Did mine online! Yeah paid for mine in 1 payment worked a bit cheaper!

Male, 34, full no claims, no convictions, East Sussex, parked on driveway, remap declared: £450 with Direct Line. (Was under £400 before remap).

Cheap? Maybe, but now I feel old.

Mines due next month, looks like i'm going to be paying around £880. I'm 24, driving about 7 years, 2 years ncd, 1 none fault accident, 1 sp30.

Mine is a 1.8T Sport (i know u asked for S3 specifics, but anyways...).

Im 30. 8 years NCB. Parked in garage. All mods declared. Approx 650ish fully comp with adrian flux. Oh... and lots of SP30s!

monkeytrousers said:
Male, 34, full no claims, no convictions, East Sussex, parked on driveway, remap declared: £450 with Direct Line. (Was under £400 before remap).

Cheap? Maybe, but now I feel old.

What sort of excess is that with ? And is that with the map being declared as between 11-20% power increase ?

direct line is £650 for me (35 full protected ncd, and garaged, no claims)

MattS3 said:
What sort of excess is that with ? And is that with the map being declared as between 11-20% power increase ?

direct line is £650 for me (35 full protected ncd, and garaged, no claims)

Just checked the paperwork. It's £480 not £450, and includes legal protection. Engine power 11-20% increase.

The excess is high: £600.

Forgot to mention that my girlfriend is down as a named driver. This reduced the premium slightly.

1st post!!

Picking up my S3 next weekend. Just got a quote from Admiral £287 fully comp-protected. 34 yrs, 8yrs no claims.

Thought this was pretty good.

my first S3 was when i was 21. Direct Line Full Comp £740

2nd S3 now im 23 is £440 with direct line. 5yrs NCB and 1 SP30.

I have a CB1 postcode which aparently is lowest group in the UK so i guess that helps.

Full clean license, 39 years old, garaged, £350 excess and my wife - £410 with Privilege, Was perviously with direct line for £80 more. All you direct line guys might want to call Privilege just in case!

I'm coming up to renewal time, and I'm looking to buy a house so I need to get my premium down as much as poss. Any recommendations? 23, should have 2 years ncb, CH62 postcode. I'll be looking to garage it as well. What do you guys think to insuring the S3 as a second car?

jediknight said:
my first S3 was when i was 21. Direct Line Full Comp £740

2nd S3 now im 23 is £440 with direct line. 5yrs NCB and 1 SP30.

I have a CB1 postcode which aparently is lowest group in the UK so i guess that helps.

Did you not claim for your last S3, the one in your av???

Im 24, 5yrs no claims, 9 points on my license and its £900 fully comp.

Its due next month so im hoping it may go down!!

Adams3 said:
Did you not claim for your last S3, the one in your av???

Im 24, 5yrs no claims, 9 points on my license and its £900 fully comp.

Its due next month so im hoping it may go down!!

the accident wasnt my fault so it was all paid out as a non fault claim and i keep my NCB

jediknight said:
the accident wasnt my fault so it was all paid out as a non fault claim and i keep my NCB

Ah i get it now!! lol

So you've had two of the best colour S3's then!!

I'm 24yrs, 5 yrs ncd, parked on drive, cm1 post code and a sp30 (3 points) £630 inc £90 for protected ncd and £250 excess (i think)

Both myself and the girlfriend, both 24, I have 5 points she has 3. Both have 5 years no claims and we pay £350 ish. AB21 postcode

I'm just 40 :( Fully protected no-claims, all mods declared, really dirrrty licence, £1200 pa

22 4yrs No claims - £950 admiral

Last quote before I started fiddling was about £415. With all mods declared, and now 32 (4yrs NCB, no claims, no points) I pay about £760 a year.

30, Standard S3, full protected no claims, SW post code, no points, one small claim, limited milage - 470 including legal cover and 350 excess with Elephant.

200 quid cheaper than my renewal quote with Privelige!!

nicklght said:
Hey Dean_20 im with elephant and my is £1200 and i havent got any NCB think i got a bargain there! Did i? :ermm::greyrs4: Did mine online! Yeah paid for mine in 1 payment worked a bit cheaper!

yeh i think that is good concidering the NCB. i tried to pay mine other 12 months and it worked out at around 1700, ha ha, so i cancelled it and paid it straight off, cant see how they could justify that amount over a year! never mind