Retro fit Recaro seats to new A3 Sport

garethj

Reaction score
I find the sports seats in the new A3 (8P) very uncomfortable, they do not have enough thigh support. I am therefore considering replacing the drivers seat with a Recaro seat but so far have hit a brick wall as far as advice is concerned. Recaro UK do have an Audi specfic replacement seat (with air bag) which fits the old A3 but they cannot confirm that it will fit the new A3. Audi UK technical support don't know if it is possible and said that there is no current information indicating when Recaro's will be an option for the new A3. I did notice that Oeetinger's eBay special edition was fitted with a Recaro interior but can find no details about it.

Anyone got any advice ?

The new A3 alcantara/leather seats are very comfortable i find. recaros are the dogs bits however i don't want to spoil a classy car. Which recaros sometimes do!

YES! The Recaro's do my head in - I find the lumbar support is in completely the wrong place! Only good thing is that 'cos they are electric it's possible to play around with them while you're driving.

I used to do a lot of miles in the car - I did about 20-25k in 6 months and was in a lot of pain. Since my mileage has dropped it's okay now - "lightbulb" - it's the car!

Also, because they are leather they don't hold you in - take a long corner fast and you'll slip over the side of the seat!