Will these wheels fit..... Please help.

Jaffa

"Your nothing more than a line in my book"
Reaction score
Hey all,
Am looking at a new set of wheels for my 2001 A3 (8L) and have seen a nice set of Oz Super leggeras.
The dude thats selling them does not know exactly what car they came from..... he was told they were from a 5 series BMW.... but they wont fit HIS 5 series BMW (new shape)
So he thinks they may be off an older shape 5 series BMW....

They are an ET40 5 stud.

I know our cars are an ET35 but will an ET40 fit?

If it wasn't pi$$ing down with rain I could try one of the wheels but I dont fancy getting soaked.

Any help would be great.

Cheers, Graham.

Secret Squirrel said:
I would worry about the PCD and centre bore first. They should be 5x100mm and 57mm IIRC.

Hey,
is there any way of finding out the PCD and centre bore?
Should it be marked on the wheels at all?

Cheers.

The PCD should be stamped on the inside of one of the spokes and the bore maybe somewhere near the inside middle of the wheel. If the wheels didn't fit then there is ways of making them fit with adaptors and spigot rings.

Thanks for all the help guys, I think ill wait for a fine day and try them for myself.
The guy said he had 5mm spacers which would correct the ET but will they fit if they were bought for a 5 series BMW?

Jaffa said:
The guy said he had 5mm spacers which would correct the ET but will they fit if they were bought for a 5 series BMW?

No they won't.
If they are BMW bolt patterns they'll not fit.

Although as DPM has said, if the offset allows, you could use adaptors....but since you want to fit them to an A3, I doubt you'll have the room.

offset on a 5 is usually about ET10 so no way my man.