MRC Remap

Quattro_Lew

All Torque
Reaction score
On MRC's website it shows the remap for my TQ to bring out 225bhp and 230lb/ft, the torque i can believe but i cant see a remap being able to put the TQ into S3 territory, has anyone had a remap off these guys that can comment? or indeed anyone else that can comment?

Cheers
:blackrs4:

that does seem a tad enthusiastic, maybe 210bhp i would of thought.
Even if they can do it to 225, dont forget that this is only "standard" S3 territory !

Olly_K said:
Even if they can do it to 225, dont forget that this is only "standard" S3 territory !

aye i know ;)

ive seen a project car they have, the Golf Gti and they have tweaked it up to 227bhp with just a remap iirc, mad :wtf:

ive emailed them enquiring

Olly_K said:
that does seem a tad enthusiastic, maybe 210bhp i would of thought.
MRC don't do enthusiastic figures, believe me.
It will be around about 225bhp and 230lb/ft if they say it is.

231bhp and 245lb/ft here, but that was with a custom map.
A stock S3 225 doesn't stand a chance. BTDT :)

Until you meet an chipped S3 byeeeeeeeeee

i had my s3 remapped at mrc this year the perfomance now is absolutely awesome have bought a parachute to slow the flippin thing down.on a more serious note these guys know there stuff and are used all the time by the rs4 and s2 guys have a look here www.s2forum.com go through to forums and leave a message for doug rs2 he will be able to answer any questions you might have:thumbsup:

Secret Squirrel said:
MRC don't do enthusiastic figures, believe me.
It will be around about 225bhp and 230lb/ft if they say it is.

235bhp and 258lb/ft here, but that was with a custom map.
A stock S3 225 doesn't stand a chance. BTDT :)

yep, not doubting that, just didnt think it could be done, by any tuner, but it looks like it can be :)
a 45bhp increase is pretty good tbh

i would of thought 45bhp would be easily attainable with it only being a 25% power increase, i think ill have to get this bad boy remapped next month :D

might see you tomorrow sanspeed, Im getting the S4 remapped tomorrow...... hoping for 360....:eek:) (its not a std one)

ANDYTQ said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but ajq models have a ko3 not ko3s type turbo so less power when remapped.I found out this when i swapped my turbo (actuator knackered)so i fitted a 052 (s)later type.Mine is ajq too.

Have you changed the Turbo or are you running 250bhp on the 03?

ANDYTQ said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but ajq models have a ko3 not ko3s type turbo.
Funny you should mention that. I was told this from a reliable source at the weekend. After I originally thought the car had a K03, but was told all 180 models have K03Sports, now I'm back to a having a K03.
I think that's pretty much confirmed it, but I can see I'm going to have to dig the turbo out to check!
I may have to go back and amend some posts I've made about my "K03S".

I'm even more amazed at my own RR figures now!

Secret Squirrel - what mods and power are you running?

I'd say AndyTQ's info is probably right as mine is maxed about 220ish i reckon.

I was always under the impression it ran 03s. Seems i was wrong too! :)

on the website it gives you the option of 8N or 8P models, do they not do 8L?

cool, definately getting this one then if its recommended

might be worth you asking them if they can change the tip at the same time, as standard one gets sucked flat after a remap

i see you have replaced yours though,just a thought with the amount of mods you have done to your car surely it would have been easier to buy an
s3

Picked up my car on friday from mrc. very pleased! slight problem with the brakes though so havent been able to really push it. Manir at MRC said its probably the one way valve from the brake servo - when i go hard on the power then straight onto the brakes theres no pedal for about 2 seconds then the vacum must build up again and its fine. I think the new charge pipe is touching slightly on the standard strut brace. a few minor adjustments and it should be fine.From what i can feel already the car has been mapped very smoothly its a nice strong power progression, not so on/off anymore. It puts a big big smile on my face:arco: It is slightly too loud for my liking at the mo' since the fitting of the the new single sport cat set up.i'm gonna get the Milltek resonated centre section to replace my non resonated section. Hopefully that will suppress the sound to get that perfect sound. Although it does sound really really mean at the moment I dont think i would be a big hit with yhe neigbours! I will post pics soon and some figures when i get it dyno'd

mad max said:
i see you have replaced yours though,just a thought with the amount of mods you have done to your car surely it would have been easier to buy an
s3
It was very cheap when i bought it,all parts have been sourced very cheaply and i also need a 5dr.It owes me a lot less than a s3 and is practical.