Electric Window Problem

madmonzsta

Reaction score
Hi all, my drivers side front window has stopped working (does not open or close) when depressing switch. All the other windows still work fine. Any ideas guys ? Car is Audi A3 2002 TDI

Thanks John, i cant hear no motor running at all when pressing the button, like i said all others seem to be working fine but this is not doing anything. Does one motor control all the windows or do all have separate ones ?

Each window has it's own motor. I'm unsure if VAG-COM will show faults on the window motors, perhaps someone else will come along and confirm. Persoanlly I'd be tempted to take the door card off and check for live feeds to the motor. If you don't feel up to this then you could take it to a local dealer, but you'll pay for the privilege ;)

I don't think VAG-COM will pull any codes for the windows. When I had mine apart the only code recorded was against the radio, which noticed the speaker was disconnected.

Has anyone fixed this problem?My window wont go down but i can hear a clicking noise from the motor anyone have any ideas on what it can be?

Done a search on elictric window problems and most seem to about the window not closing which from what i read is the clips breaking so i'm sure it not them

Is the switch clicking or the motor, if its the switch then it could be worth having a look at the fuse for it!

one course of action would be to remove the door panel and check voltage to the motor, if there is voltage there, then disconnect the motor from the mechanism and see if it runs.

A4Quattro said:
one course of action would be to remove the door panel and check voltage to the motor, if there is voltage there, then disconnect the motor from the mechanism and see if it runs.[/quote

I'm going to have the door panel off today so i'll try this.Already checked the fuse and it aint that