Competition Haldex Controller

ChriS3

hud at ye bam
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
I noticed that there's a competition version of the Haldex controller that seems to keep the car in four wheel drive even under braking. Anyone tried one of these, or know of anyone that has? Could be just the thing to make the S3 a little more lively.

sounds good to me, will this effect performance changing the front/rear wheel power ratio in terms of transmission loss ?

mattyboy199 said:
sounds good to me, will this effect performance changing the front/rear wheel power ratio in terms of transmission loss ?

Since it's only the controller that's being changed, I'd think the transmission losses would be the same as the normal haldex when locked up.

Booth_S3 said:
where from and how much?

HPA Motorsports sell them for $1000.

http://hpamotorsports.com/product_drivetrain_haldex.htm

I got carried away while watching their twin-turbo'd 3.2 TT. Found the site and I want all their goodies....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ye3qNyCkw

prob is losses will be higher when in mostly 2wd mode. so consumption will be up etc.

same price as a normal uprated controller tho

One of the guys at the As.net RR day at AmD said he had a haldex controller that was switchable to permanent 4wd 50:50 split, is this the same one??

Think its really worth it? The uprated controller seems on paper to do a pretty good job of getting torque to the back wheels

Adams3 said:
One of the guys at the As.net RR day at AmD said he had a haldex controller that was switchable to permanent 4wd 50:50 split, is this the same one??

The Gen II uprated haldex is switchable, but it only gives you a few lesser options than the non-switchable Gen I version. I've not heard of a switchable version that gives you permanent 4WD. I'd be very intersted if it's something that might fit the S3....

I already have the uprated controller, but it doesn't get the power to the back end in quite the way I'd like.

ChriS3 said:
I already have the uprated controller, but it doesn't get the power to the back end in quite the way I'd like.

would you still recommend one for the money or leave it standard??

ChriS3 said:
The Gen II uprated haldex is switchable, but it only gives you a few lesser options than the non-switchable Gen I version. I've not heard of a switchable version that gives you permanent 4WD. I'd be very intersted if it's something that might fit the S3....

Yeah this was on an S3, i thinks his user name is Simonelman, he has a imola yellow S3 with mtm's and a hybrid k04 turbo, dahlback racing manifold and some other mods too.

I drove it and it was awesome!!

Adam, I think Simon had a MTM haldex switch, which basically overrides the Haldex software and locks the 4wd to permanent with a flick of a switch.

jojo said:
Adam, I think Simon had a MTM haldex switch, which basically overrides the Haldex software and locks the 4wd to permanent with a flick of a switch.

So is that bad then if it overrides the haldex software?, it must revert back to the haldex software when you switch it off??

It would be good for quarter miles and 0-60's wouldnt it??