Which induction kit?

wightman

Reaction score
As some already know im after a re-map, but now im thinking to hold back and get an induction kit and maybe a system (de-cat)back before i do, to get the best out of the re-map at the time, so whats the general norm with induction kits? do peeps on here have them, if so what make? ive seen the average , Kn57i for around £90 , jetex do one for £72 , also a few pics would be nice so i can see what the crack is with the location of it.

any help:think:

cheers
chris:rockwoot:

You will only gain noise from an induction kit,standard airbox can be modified to flow better with a larger pipe feed.Exhausts on s3's are good to start with,a3's benefit from having the front pipe and cat as well,not much gains from a cat back alone.If you decat then you will have problems with imissions,lamda faults etc.

Yeah thats what i thought about power gains , i would like a bit of noise tho, as for the zorst, could the lamda not be put in the same place? if a bespoke system was made? and as for emissions :whistle2:

ABD LAN and a big eff off Green cone filter.

Makes you car sound like Darth Vader with a cold (in a good way :o.k: )

Little or no effect on performance though.

I didn't log it with VagCom, but I tried the stock airbox, a big K&N and no filter at all. I couldn't spot any performance difference. It only makes a difference to the sound, as others say.
One good thing about more induction noise, is you can spot a dodgy DV easier.