Lcd display faulty

Mine is on and off also but my Reset button does not work so can't turn it off. Tried changing the stalk no joy:3sadwalk:

Any one any ideas on that one??

I got it took a apart to take alook today.
and I didn't have rubber sheet so I cut the cardboard and wrap that with electorial tape then I put it back. and for got which side I had to put it and i have been looking for this thread.. now I found it so reporting. I got it work partially probably because I put those pieces in wrong side..

as he explained, it was pretty easy.
I have some pics taken so will post them.

I had this, had one line out. I had to disconnect the battery and touch wood it hasnt come back since.

jojo said:
Well this is handy, a free plug for the company in question.

Not too sure about the 'other' services they have available though...

No address listed for the company - where are they?

More importantly - I fancy giving this a go, its always p££d me off that the main thing i look at every day (when not occasionally glancing at the road, obviously!) looks poo. Mine's a 98 S4, which had the problem (I bought it in the cold, doh!) from 3 years ago when I got it, at 40k miles.

Anyone got any pics or more tips / feedback of what I am looking for and to avoid? It sounds fairly straightforward, but I dont relish the idea of damaging anything there... :crying:

Just dug up this old thread and gave it a go. Spent quite a while trying paper, card, foam around the metal frame but no improvement, Infact made it worse for a while. Has anyone had any success?

There is an ebook on ebay but I imagine it would be the same method. Has anyone bought it?

Thanks

Great info!

Just a quickie though... as well as my display having random dead lines (they come and go), it also has another defect.

When the car is cold, the display is bright and crisp. By the end of a long journey though, the display has faded and is difficult to read... even if I've turned the display off the whole time.

What could be causing this... surely that's not down to the loose cable is it? :readit:

Hi, ask for this mail, they sell you just the LCD to DIY. Will be around £ 75.
Hi hope to help.

mine was gone when i got the car, just found out how to fix it so going to give it a go next week doesnt look too hard to do. will let ya know what it was like to do.

so joseisi your saying this company will send you abrand new screen ready to fit for £75? where are they based?

Hi - just joined. Got a year 2000 A4 TDI SE which has this same fault - is there a 'how to' guide with pics anywhere? It would really help me out!

Cheers (this my 1st post on here by the way...)

Impster

I dont think theres a pic guide but there is aguide somewhere, just have alittle search pal

Silly question but I have an A3 1.8. Would I have the same display setting? I just have my normal "OK" sign upon start up. But when started it just switches off. I'm new to Audi, so I'm still finding my footing.

What then after that the display is blank?

Nothing after that hey. If I push the button below my rev counter once it shows distance to my next service, push twice and it does a oil, water, brakes etc check. But nothing like I see in the other ones like temp, radio stations and all that jazz. I figured it would be displayed where it shows if my door or boot is open on ignition. but that screen only seems to display those properties. The display's I mentioned only appears in the bottom half.