EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

Question S3 DV hard to get at?

Need to service my DV and had a quick look under the bonnet but noticed the DV seems to well obstructed by various pipes and the strut brace, or whatever its called. Is it just me being a bit lame and really not that much bother or is it fairly tricky to get at for all?!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    wellll, as far as I remember it was quite easy. take off the engine cover, if you want also the airfilter and that should give you enough room. Taking the DV out is a bit of a struggle (nothing too serious) just pull it out of the two big hoses and unclip the small one on top, should be a dodle, here's some pics, not very helpful I know:

http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formos...mp%20Valve.htm
    Good luck
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    wellll, as far as I remember it was quite easy. take off the engine cover, if you want also the airfilter and that should give you enough room. Taking the DV out is a bit of a struggle (nothing too serious) just pull it out of the two big hoses and unclip the small one on top, should be a dodle, here's some pics, not very helpful I know:

http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formos...mp%20Valve.htm
    Good luck
    I have the same DV as you, whats involved in servicing it??

How often should it be done too?, when the car is serviced or more regularly than that??

1999 AUDI S3 | AMD STAGE 2 REMAP | MILTEK CAT BACK EXHAUST | VIPER DIVERTER VALVE | EBC TURBO GROOVE DISCS | RED STUFF CERAMIC PADS | 18" RS6 REPLICA ALLOYS | ANDYMAC 'BOSE' UPGRADE.

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    Hey there mate, servicing DV instructions can be found here:
    http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FMCL007P

Just d/l the pdf file for servicing. I'm not sure how often it's supposed to be done, but I've just serviced it for the first time after 20,000 Miles (like 2 years)
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2nd Gear

Status
    Cheers for that!! Might do this at the weekend weather permitting!!

1999 AUDI S3 | AMD STAGE 2 REMAP | MILTEK CAT BACK EXHAUST | VIPER DIVERTER VALVE | EBC TURBO GROOVE DISCS | RED STUFF CERAMIC PADS | 18" RS6 REPLICA ALLOYS | ANDYMAC 'BOSE' UPGRADE.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks people, will give it a go, still looks a bit tricky though!