roofrack

theitalian3

Reaction score
mine doesnt look like it can take them, is there something im missing or do some of them not come with the required connector holes

I've got an Audi rack for an S3 - the front bar fits into the recess when you open the doors, and the rear bar you pop open the rear windows and it attaches into the frame before you close the window. Hope that helps.

where did you get that from mate? is it sturdy enough? needs to be able to hold my ski's and snowboards

I got it second-hand a few years ago for about £50. It is the proper Audi Approved accessory sold through dealers and made by Votex. It is pretty sturdy and locks onto the car - also got a luggage basket as well.

It only fits a 3 door though. Whereabouts are you? I'm happy to let you borrow it if you need it for a one-off trip. Alternatively keep an eye on the for sale section or eBay - they come up once in a while and there is a few months before the ski season.

thats really good of you mate but i could do with one every weekend all over the winter lol for skiing up north

ill keep my eye on ebay, cheers

if your still looking, try also looking for at a thule one, the fitting mechanism is almost exactly the same as the audi one.

Ive been using mine for over a year now - no damage to the car and very solid. Regularly carry two bikes upright over long distances.

Hope it helps.

I ended up buying the Thule on for my motor (5-door though) and found it to be excellent. Used it to carry two bikes for a good distnace several times now.

Cheers
Mark