whats next to gain more power from AGU lump...?

P

Pete69zx

I have an AGU engined A3 1.8T
It has somesort of remap fitted by a company that i forget the name of now (already done by previous owner).
It has a Forge DV fitted (alteast i think its a Forge).
It has a Miltek system (unsure if its just CAT back).

I have been told by the previous owner that it is around 220BHP (cannot confirm this)

Anyways, the car has ample power & is quite responsive.

I just want to know what is next to up the power some more?

Would i need to consider ways of cooling the intake temperature before i think about more power?

The car just has the standard SMIC & all OEM pipework.

Cheers, Pete.

I cannot see that pulling 220BHP. mine is pritty much the same and its pulling 195 ish!

for any more power you need a bigger turbo, either:

1. ko3s, 220 ish
  2. k04 hybrid 260 ish fits standard manifold but needs injectors etc..
  3. k04-023 270/280 need new exhaust manifold, injectors,maf etc,etc
  4. Garrett gt28, up to 300/330 need fcuking loads of stuff looking at £4K
i am in the process of collecting all the gear for a K04-023, decent gain and all OEM S3 parts to upfit so should be reliabe. will be bout £1500 all fitted with custom remap

Yeah, it won't be anywhere near 220. The next on your shopping list would be a bigger turbo for power but then that comes with having to change alot of other things.

Thanks for the replys guys.

Hey Kev, i see your not too far from me.

What you upto tomorrow night, fancy meeting up to talk cars and stuff? :)

I have just finnished having my facelift headlights fitted & want to test em out in the dark, lol

Pete.

yea rite you do! for a k04-023 u need:

• injectors green top 440s if you use s3 ones u need spacers for rail +4 bar fpr
  • Bigger maf
  • tip
  • turbo and exhaust manifold off BAM engine
  • OEM cats or Race cat
  • 3" dp
  • FMIC

spray pattern is better of OEM s3 injectors would be best

so, could i just add some s3 injectors, and get the car RR'd?

would that increase performance a little?

I think you'd have to increase the fuel pressure too with a fuel pressure regulator or an uprated pump. What type of fuel pump's do A/S3's use?

Andy you know what hp the s3 injectors max out can they take up to 280 bhp? and do you need spacers to fit them into a AGU head

next for horse power IMO are

k04 direct replacement
s3 injectors with oem 4 bar fpr
remap

you don't need fuel pump the standard is sufficient for that

optionally at the same time FMIC and samco tip for reliability

the next stage would be big turbo which would need £4k

av sorced a k04-023 turbo and manifold off a 2001 tt so just wondering what injectors to use< i thort bosch 44o's would be fine with 3 bar fpr! btut ppl say they have a crap spray pattern! is the a oem 4 bar fpr like? Part number??

KEF A3 20V T said:
av sorced a k04-023 turbo and manifold off a 2001 tt so just wondering what injectors to use< i thort bosch 44o's would be fine with 3 bar fpr! btut ppl say they have a crap spray pattern! is the a oem 4 bar fpr like? Part number??
I have heard 440's are not ideal also ie spray pattern,i have also heard that there are some porsche ones that are better suited and i don't think they need spacers either.Theres a few peps on seatcupra.net running aggressive st2 lcr maps and seem to get 280 on standard injectors.Jabba recommended s3 /lcr injectors for ko4 hybrid,its harder to map with 440's apparently.