19" s on my a3

riz325

Mad Man
Reaction score
Hi people

i ve got a 98 a3 and i ve just bought some 19s for it just wanted to know if they would scrape its not been lowered yet tyres are 235/35/19.

just wanted to know if anyone had 19s fitted to on an a3 and what problems they had with em

not s3s cos they have the flared archs i guess that would make a difference

Cheers

MO

Ive got 19's on my s3! dont know if the arches are the same, mines lowered 30mm and it doesnt even scrap with 3 in the back!

This is something im interested to know aswell, the debate for me is 18's or 19's at the moment.

19's will go on the A3, there should be plenty of room in the rear arches, so long as you have the offset as ET35 and no wider than 8.5", as for the fronts, it's pretty close, if you have 8.5" wide, you might need to roll the inner lips of the front arches to clear if you are lowering the car.
Also consider what brand of tyre you are getting, when you say 235/35R19, some manufacturers make them a little wider, and some narrower, my experience is Continentals are of the wider variety and Falken or Avon ZZ3's are slightly narrower. HTH.

19's will go on the A3, there should be plenty of room in the rear arches, so long as you have the offset as ET35 and no wider than 8.5", as for the fronts, it's pretty close, if you have 8.5" wide, you might need to roll the inner lips of the front arches to clear if you are lowering the car.
Also consider what brand of tyre you are getting, when you say 235/35R19, some manufacturers make them a little wider, and some narrower, my experience is Continentals are of the wider variety and Falken or Avon ZZ3's are slightly narrower. HTH.

thanks for the replies lads

they are off a mark 4 golf so shud be ok i suppose

cheers

mo