Std mirrors to silver

wightman

Reaction score
Alright all,

my S3 didnt come with the silver mirrors however i really like them, and have seen these on ebay, i know they are plastic covers but has anyone got these? are they worth it or are they *****?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A6-A4-A3-S3-S6-S4-RS4-Chrome-Mirror-Covers-A-4-6-3_W0QQitemZ260042817722QQihZ016QQcategoryZ36682QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or heres the OEM mirrors,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-OEM-2003-AUDI-A3-S3-POLISHED-ALLOY-MIRRORS_W0QQitemZ300037484531QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10372QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

cheers
chris

a friend had his OEM covers painted silver. was very easy and looked really good.

yeah, but its much easier and cheaper to paint them :)
just an option anyway. the chrome ones really look good on black cars. for other colors, i wouldnt bother.

can they not be sprayed shiny silver? I know it won't be chrome but i'd rather spend the money uprating my headlights than mirrors. Never thought about spraying the oem ones!

I have the plastic covers on mine, they arent too bad i reckon.

£30 is sod all really!!

From a trade stand at gti spring inters at santa pod!!

They are the in-pro ones i believe!!

I know a lot of people have the inpro ones, but if you want the Alloy look get alloy, if you want plastic stay body colour - IMO.

dont know what to do now plastic or wait till funds are there for OEM ones?:think:

as i am after a re-map very soon. too:)

Adams3 said:
From a trade stand at gti spring inters at santa pod!!

They are the in-pro ones i believe!!

I got mine the same time as Adam.
They are really good mirrors, moulded from the OE plastic mirrors just chromed and fit really well.
For £30 you cant go wrong?:)

iv just bought a set of these from some guy off a forum, they are the genuine ones in chrome off his s3

getting them today, if i dont like them on my car i might consider selling them on

(notice to moderators: this is not an advert for sale, this is a comment, if i choose to sell them ill put them in the trade section once i reach 40 posts)

chrome would suit mine as have chrome wheels but i'm scared of them being stolen!
99102030da13f224bb3e281eb446da82e53f331b195fb7472f034be9.jpg

theitalian3 said:
iv just bought a set of these from some guy off a forum, they are the genuine ones in chrome off his s3

getting them today, if i dont like them on my car i might consider selling them on

(notice to moderators: this is not an advert for sale, this is a comment, if i choose to sell them ill put them in the trade section once i reach 40 posts)

Are they plastic or aluminium??

I have the same ones from the same seller . Not bad, quite expensive for what they are. but i had 2 damaged covers one cracked , the other scratched badly. so it was like an extra £15/20 instead of standard replacements. As for quality i would say they are ok not AMAZING. but good enuff.They dont look painted and they have a good enuff finish for me to be happy for now. . r . we shall see after winter what they look like..theres a picture on my profile.