Samco hose for non-ESP S3?

dultanur

all promises, no action :)
Reaction score
Hi guys! first message on the forum, so go easy on me :D

I have a 2000 S3 pre-facelift without ESP. I recently found out that the intake hose for my car is different from the ones with ESP. I already have a hose for ESP cars. Can i somehow adapt this for my car? anyone ever do something like this? I cant find a hose for non-ESP cars, so if i cant make this one fit, is there anything else to prevent the OEM hose from collapsing under high boost?

thanks!

Hmm... I'm in the same position, I was thinking of moving the DV to the coldside of the intake, then there should be enough holes for the rest of the pipes to connect to.

Have a look at the forge site for more info.

i couldnt find anything on the forge site. and since i already have the hose and tried fitting it, i can tell you its not only the position of the holes, my cars intake hose has an S shape down near the turbo, while the ESP hose is straight.

i bought the hose because someone told me i only had to move some of the smaller hoses around... maybe i should have another look at it?

anyone else?

yeah! and i really dont think the car needs it. the only thing missing is a haldex controller.

so nobody has any thoughts/experience on the intake hose?

Mt one looks like this one, but in blue.
FM225IND.jpg

Also have a look at this, DV relocation kit link

Cold-Siding the DV doesn't free up any holes in the TIP. The DV still re-circs the air in to it, the differance is that the air you are dumping is removed post intercooler so is 'cold'.

The only pipe you block off is the exit from the chargepipe direct from the turbo that the DV normally connects to.

I had the Forge Coldside DV kit on my Leon, it ugly-ed up the engine bay and did absolutely nothing for performance (although it did keep the DV cool).

The guy i sold it to was running a stage 2 Leon Cupra at about 230bhp/250lb_ft on a K03s and it caused him all sorts of problems so he ditched it.

yeah, the one i have is exactly the same. but as i said before, its not the position of the pipes thats the problem. i can relocate everything, and the number of holes is correct. its just that the end where the pipe goes on the turbo is different.think of it this way: when you're looking at the car from the front, the pipe (the one in the picture above) looks like an S. looking from above, it looks straight. my cars OEM pipe also has an S shape when looking from above. like the turbo is mounted a bit further back.