How do i know if i've got Bose

mk1chopper

Missing the S3
Reaction score
Hi all newbie here, just picked up my S3 on saturday, and i love it to bits. It was advertised with the bose sound system, how do i confirm i have this? Its got the concert head unit with 6 disc changer, underneith the cd changer is a black box that is shaped to go over the arch, with a vented end to it, is this part of the bose system?

The black box under your CD changer is your sub. If there's two bass speakers (or vents...) in it then it's a Bose otherwise it's standard. Also, the lower speaker grills on the door cards should have the Bose logo. There's a few more ways to check, but I don't have it so I'm struggling to remember.

Oh, and welcome to the site. :)

When you turn on the stereo it displays BOSE and then the radio or CD info.

Welcome!

cheers guys, seems ive just got the standard setup then, nevermind does the job and still sounds good (well it will once the head unit is changed on wednesday, everything works fine apart from the volume adjust)

will be a little badge on the front door speakers too wont there?

pablo said:
will be a little badge on the front door speakers too wont there?
Do they all come with a badge, my Stereo says BOSE on start up but I don't have BOSE badges anywhere. It certainly thumps out bass though. if it makes any differenc mine is a pre-facelift 99

fasteddie said:
Do they all come with a badge, my Stereo says BOSE on start up but I don't have BOSE badges anywhere. It certainly thumps out bass though. if it makes any differenc mine is a pre-facelift 99

No the pre-facelift 99's dont have badges anywhere, if the stereo says bose when you switch it on then its bose!!

Oh and if you have two subs under the cd changer too.

Yeah mines got bose, but no badges on speakers, its got the sub in the boot, but aint got the standard headunit in so it doesnt say bose when i turn it on#!

Bose on turn on is simply a VAGCOM coding so doesn't necessarily mean you have the upgrade, or don't have the upgrade.
The only way to check is to look at the sub (two 4" speakers rather than one 6.5") as already mentioned and also look in the righthand cubbyhole and you'll see an amp tucked down behind the rear light.