Fitting aftermarket seats to S3

pablo

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted aftermarket seats (sparco cobra etc) to an a3/s3?

The S3 seats are rubbish and are a total mare to get into the back etc so Im thinking of replacing them with some aftermarket ones. But I dont want to lose the tilt/slide function.

I was thinking maybe get 2 a3 seats from a scrapper and rip the subframes off and weld to the new seats.

anyway - any advice appreciated!

cheers

thanks stewart - do they slide/tilt etc for access to the back?

ps - they look awesome! Where did you get them from?

the s3 seats are "rubbish"? man, what on earth are you doing in your car to need buckets?

ever tried getting them folded forward to get in the rear? Ive a kid on the way and it just wont work. They are heavy and clumsy and I cant see my missus getting too far with them. Its this or sell the car.

pablo said:
ever tried getting them folded forward to get in the rear? Ive a kid on the way and it just wont work. They are heavy and clumsy and I cant see my missus getting too far with them. Its this or sell the car.

They're not actually that bad, you have to learn to slide the seat forward all the way first (talking about the standard seats)...

My Recaro speed's are mounted on proper Recaro subframes so slide the same as OEM but with a lot more fine adjustment. Yes they tilt for a three door car but they don't tilt as far as the OEM seats...

Ive been looking at cobra misanos. ultra light so should be fairly handy to move around.

maybe its just my seats but I find them terrible to work with.

Sorry to hijack but just a quick question, does the drivers seat on an S3 tilt forward too? Mine does'nt have the handle so has it just been broken off?

Both seats tilt forward, and there's a handle on the inside edge of the seats as well as the usual outer ones. My drivers seat tilts forward and then slides right up to the wheel. It's a skill, but once you've mastered it it's a sinch!

Rich

Oh right, looks like the outer handle on mine has been broken off at some point then.