sorry to bring this up again

S3 03

Reaction score
Just read the mofo thread, and i thought a standard S3's top end was limited to 151mph ,im sure i read that cause if u have a remap dont they take the top speed limiter off
anyone cheers

oh and ive done 170+mph...............at brunters lol

I cracked 163mph in a company pool 210 s3 but thats speedo speed and not real... Oh and it took forever and a day to get there and thats not from a stnading start...

jojo said:
Can I ask if this was achieved in 5th or 6th gear? :search:

He didn't say it was in the S3 :shrug:

The S3 will only go to around 167mph at the rev limit in 6th and a standard car won't have enough power to get there. 5th no chance but I take it you were kidding...:)

There is no way a standard S3 will even get to 150mph at brunters it's not long enough, they all seem to get to around 135/140 and they could have been remapped but not 100%.

jojo said:
Can I ask if this was achieved in 5th or 6th gear? :search:

sorry didnt say was in 400+bhp cossie, just though i would jump on the ive been really fast band wagon hah hah:superman:

182 in a 515 BHP RS4 speedo reading not GPS

essh, word of warning lads, you shouldnt be talking bout top speeds n stuff, they don't like it, they will start calling you and trying to make you look stupid and pathetic now, lol. ha ha

One of my favourite pictures from driving through Germany.

140mph is quite relaxed when everyone else around you is going the same speed.

140mph.jpg

seriously, is that what its like driving over there? everyone doing stupid speeds?

Dean_20 said:
seriously, is that what its like driving over there? everyone doing stupid speeds?

Not everyone, there's still a lot of people that go a similar speed to the trucks. The middle lane seemed to be 100-125mph. They're good at looking in their mirrors over there - much better motorway drivers than the average Brit. They expect someone to be doing 155mph+ in the lane next to them so things seem a lot more polite and cautious.

ChriS3 said:
One of my favourite pictures from driving through Germany.

140mph is quite relaxed when everyone else around you is going the same speed.

140mph.jpg

Tape Chris?......TAPE?!..... I don't even know if the tapedexk works in my S3, never used it - EVER! lol. :think:

Best I've ever seen was 160mph in my S3. That too was in Germany... ;)
It was somewhere around there I lost my bottle, although I've done around 175mph on track! NASCAR's are great!

Rich

god_thats_quick said:
Well I've been 600mph in a plane - does that count? :blush:

cue the smartarse that flys fighter jets for a living...

My record is 232mph without plane, car, bike, vehicle, etc....

(high altitude head-down skydive:))

Chris whats your poor mans IPOD adpater like? Where you get it from?

Cheers

garratt83 said:
Chris whats your poor mans IPOD adpater like?

Its the old CD tape adapter - looks like a casette with a headphone wire coming out of it. It works well enough for the amount I listen to music and I'm no audiophile. You do have the annoying wire hanging out of your tape deck. Personally, I prefer the sound of the wastegate chattering and the DV ptisshing.

garratt83 said:
Where you get it from?

Cheap, nasty truck stop somewhere on the M6 (Jct 21? - near Warrington)

Dean_20 said:
essh, word of warning lads, you shouldnt be talking bout top speeds n stuff, they don't like it, they will start calling you and trying to make you look stupid and pathetic now, lol. ha ha

You are too dim to know when to let it go...
Don't spoil another thread or you'll not be joining us for a while.
Got it?

garratt83 said:
Chris whats your poor mans IPOD adpater like? Where you get it from?

Cheers

got mine from argos, the sound quality isnt brilliant but its passable

captains-machmeter.jpg

Unfortunately I wasn't sat in the same seat at 60,000 feet taking that photo <and if I'm honest, the indicated speed - but of course you spotted it was rigged because of the centre-of-gravity indicator> (and I suppose even more unfortunately, nobody ever will again).

Regards,

Rob.

Defratos said:
It's not me Ess talking about, I was just takin the ****. I post to get valid info mate, and not to **** about :beerchug:. Ess always has sensible opinion imo lol

Stick? Wrong end of.....

MB was taking the **** out of me for posting my pick up first and starting the speedo pic comp.

Just wanted to add that driving at silly speeds is not advisable in places where other road users aren't expecting it. And breaking the law is breaking the law. Don't think ASN would endorse a speedo pic comp anyway :)

I have no issue with the topic...if you guys want to have a ******* contest, go right ahead.

But leave the bragging about doing it with a car full of mates, on a public UK road for other forums.
It's not big or clever and it just noises people up the wrong way.
At least have the common sense to lie and say it was in Germany on a stretch of un-restricted Autobahn.

As I've said, we all do it (break the speed limit)...some more than others but let's leave the childish boasting for elsewhere.

Just to prove I'm as guilty as the next man I filmed a certain close friend of mine (another moderator!) driving my car at a genuine - Road Angel verified - 168 in Europe, on a deserted Autobahn....and I can say with certainty that there wasn't an S3 on the planet that would have even kept us in sight.
Those sprts of speeds are frightening...

There was however a 1990 964 C4 bobbing along alarmingly close behind.

Defratos said:
humm, so how much HP was your S3 Ess?

That speed wasn't in an S3...

My S3 had 275+ BHP (anywhere between 275 and 280) and 320+ lb-ft (anywhere between 320 and 331) and I couldn't get it to crack 150 genuine, GPS verified.

Hence my original comments about S3s not doing 150MPH...never mind pie-in-the-sky 160+...or having ANYTHING left at 150+...they don't.
Maybe on a long enough stretch of autobahn I'd have eeked out a couple more MPH...but I doubt it.
At above 140MPH the S3 gains speed very slowly indeed.

To go much over the S3s geniune top speed (148-150MPH) you'd need standard or better aerodynamics (so that's standard wheels and tyres - certainly no wider as they add drag, windows closed, sunroof shut etc) and a LOT more power.

My guess is that only the big turbo cars will ever get above 155MPH genuine, and even then only just.

mattyboy199 said:
I dont think an S3's 0-60 is 6.4secs more like 7secs

I think there will be enough people on here to prove that early 6s are possible in a standard S3, and I seem to remember just under 6 for modified?

Certainly, to get close to 6 seconds 0-60 you have to be brutal with the clutch...and on a modified car, you'll maybe get a second chance...but not a third as the clutch overheats and starts to slip.
Not ideal.

The problem with the S3 and it's standard position limiter is that you can't hit 60 in second (genuine 60, not speedo 60)...they do 57ish, so you need 3rd to hit genuine 60.

Ess_Three said:
You are too dim to know when to let it go...
Don't spoil another thread or you'll not be joining us for a while.
Got it?

Don't spoil another thread??? I think u'll find that wasn't me. But nah i was just saying thats all, was being serious, not taking the p*ss or anything, but obviously different rules apply to different people!
never mind!

Dean_20 said:
Don't spoil another thread??? I think u'll find that wasn't me. But nah i was just saying thats all, was being serious, not taking the p*ss or anything, but obviously different rules apply to different people!
never mind!

Just let it go...

Gotta love them angel's, although mine usually sits on top of my Christmas tree... ;)