Lowering..

Ferno

1st Gear
Reaction score
Hey All,

I Have a Silver 97 1.6 A3 SE

Im planning to sit it on 18" RS8 or RS4s
I was also gonna lower it by 30mm but I dont know how much damage itt will cause to the smoothness of my drive...?

A friend of mine told me something about coilovers, can anyone enlighten & help me with my decisions...

30mm is about as low as the sport comes as standard, it will be firmer than the SE suspension with OE but not too much so. If your getting 18s get it done.

silver75 said:
30mm is about as low as the sport comes as standard, it will be firmer than the SE suspension with OE but not too much so. If your getting 18s get it done.

sorry boss wat is OE???:confused:

And thanks for ur prompt reply.

If your after a smooth ride coilovers might not be your best bet. The rides very stiff with them but the handling is amazing. Some decent springs would proberably be your best bet. Eibach are good.

Depends how old and how many miles your suspension has done? Could be worth while getting a full kit, shocks and springs, on a 30mm drop which should be fine or if your original shocks are ok then as said above just a set of springs.

my cars got 70 on the clock, in teh service manual there was no mentioning of the suspension so i dont think its been changed....

what do you think?

Normally suggest going for uprated shocks if your lowering 50mm or over, should be fine with 30mm. Uprated shocks will make it a lot stiffer too.

Personally anything over 50k and i'd change the shocks aswell. If you were going for a 50mm drop then i'd say change the shocks regardless but with 30mm just do the springs then see how it feels for you. If you want any prices just give us a shout.

thanks all.

so it seems like 30mils is fine aslong as i change the springs the drive shouldnt be ridiciulous??