Volks AutosChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

Key fob not working

Came out to put the car in the garage tonight and my key fob has stopped working. Tried to get a new battery but not too many places open at 7pm on sat night. So after i've tried a new battery tomorrow (dont think its this always been fine even from a distance) what should i do? I only have 1 key, do i have to go to Audi and pull my pants down straight away?

Is there anything i could try? Anywhere i could go on a Sunday?

What shall i do?>
    Blue S3 | grey leather

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    just replace the battery and follow the instructions in the manual. its not that difficult.

1st Gear

Status
    OK i replaced the batteries with no avail. After i tried a few things i called out the AA who couldn't do much except disable the alarm. So tomorrow i will need to find out if it is the fob that is broken or the car reciever.

Can any auto electrician do this or will it be an Audi dealer job? Anyone know anywhere i could get this done in the North East?

Cheers
    Blue S3 | grey leather

1st Gear

Status
    Well I've had it in to Audi today to get the key reprogrammed. Sorted it straight away, i was expecting to get stung for an enormous bill but 27 later it was sorted
    Blue S3 | grey leather

1st Gear

Status
    why only 1 key,when I brought mine from the local stealer I got 2 flip keys 1 normal key and a stupid plastic one
    99 S3 / REVO / MILLTEK CAT BACK / BRAIDED HOSES / R32 BRAKES / MINTEX FAST ROAD PADS / KONI ALL ROUND / REIGER RS4 STYLED FRONT BUMPER/ DYNOED AT 252 QST FIGURES
    ---------sold-----------
    99 S3 / MRC REMAP / 3" STRAIGHT THROUGH EXHAUST / BREMBO BRAKES / 19" RS4 REPS / UNKNOWN POWER (awaiting dyno when funds can)