Key fob not working

S3-James

Reaction score
Came out to put the car in the garage tonight and my key fob has stopped working. Tried to get a new battery but not too many places open at 7pm on sat night. So after i've tried a new battery tomorrow (dont think its this always been fine even from a distance) what should i do? I only have 1 key, do i have to go to Audi and pull my pants down straight away?

Is there anything i could try? Anywhere i could go on a Sunday?

What shall i do?> :keule:

just replace the battery and follow the instructions in the manual. its not that difficult.

OK i replaced the batteries with no avail. After i tried a few things i called out the AA who couldn't do much except disable the alarm. So tomorrow i will need to find out if it is the fob that is broken or the car reciever.

Can any auto electrician do this or will it be an Audi dealer job? Anyone know anywhere i could get this done in the North East?

Cheers

Well I've had it in to Audi today to get the key reprogrammed. Sorted it straight away, i was expecting to get stung for an enormous bill but £27 later it was sorted :o.k:

why only 1 key,when I brought mine from the local stealer I got 2 flip keys 1 normal key and a stupid plastic one