New wheels/tyres really make a difference.

Gambba

Reaction score
Exactly as expected but still chuffed at how much better my A3T now feels with some STD 17" S3 wheels on it. Corners that I used to take at 45-50 mph tyres squealing can now be taken 50-65 mph with no squeal, so I am well chuffed.
A BIG thanks to Jaybee for doing me a great deal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oh they also fill out the arches better, now sitting flush with the arches and look like they fill the arch better.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Exactly as expected but still chuffed at how much better my A3T now feels with some STD 17" S3 wheels on it. Corners that I used to take at 45-50 mph tyres squealing can now be taken 50-65 mph with no squeal, so I am well chuffed.
A BIG thanks to Jaybee for doing me a great deal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oh they also fill out the arches better, now sitting flush with the arches and look like they fill the arch better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon they look better on the A3 than they do on the S3... cos they sit flush with the outer odge of the arch. And as you say, handling is improved so much.

Rich

well good to see they have a happy new owner.
By the way you left your screwdriver and little box with the plastic caps here on the pavement.
Have them with me in my car so when you happen to stop by Leiden or Schiphol you can pick them up (or next time when we meet Sven and his S8)....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
your such an international jetsetter.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I'm just a d1ck that lost his cable and not sure when and where /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif I have an idea where I left it but still not sure, it's in one of two places I feel.

P.S. Yes I am an international jetsetter...it's part of my job...I can't help it!

Sure will! Getting Eibach coliovewrs for mine soon, so should look sweet.

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is yours will look better than mine....fecker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Should look well sweet, the only problem with mine is how much higher the rear sits than the front....but it's liveable, and the springs were only 120 Euros including shipping.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is yours will look better than mine....fecker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha.. nah wasnt saying that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Should look well sweet, the only problem with mine is how much higher the rear sits than the front

[/ QUOTE ]

THATS why i wanna get coilovers instead of springs and shocks... then can have it exactly how i want it.

Rich

Well, went out last night and bought a new USB cable for the camera, and spent some time making this gif, which illustrates the change from standard form, to Eibachs and then onto the 17's.

And the overall look /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif