Anyone with aero wipers...

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hi, just fitted my aero wipers front and back but i had a bit of trouble getting the old ones off up front. Anyway eventually got the wipers working ok, but they seem very close and the drivers side one just hits the window mould on the side when its at its peek. Maybe i havent set them right, has anyone got any pictures so can see how they sit when not used, half way up and fully up, also did anyone change the lengh of the wiper arm.

Thanks

Allan

Hey there Jonsey, I've got aero on the front of mine, and a polo rear one. If yours are the same as mine and from VAG then you shouldn't need to change the length, you probably just placed them in at a slight angel, I had to do mine twice for them to sit correclty. I only have a pic of them down, here's the linky: http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formoshun/s3/aero wiper.htm hope it helps, and you can check out the polo rear wiper as well.

if you bought them from Vagparts, i think they send it out with the polo rear blade. Thats what mine came with anyway and i think it works fine as it sweeps just under the rear tail light which i think is just enough.

hi, thanks for the pic, my stupid m8 adjusted the lengh while i was trying to get the old wipers off, so now i dont know how they came standard. They arnt that bad and seem to work well, especially when wet they go well fast!

Think ill leave them for the time being. btw thats the same rear wiper i have, i got mine from ebay and was told it would fit an s3, didnt say where it was originaly from.

Thanks

hi everyone, so whats the crack with these aero wipers? is it because they just look more tidy or are they very good or something?

i went aero from reading about how good they are on here, they where in need of a change anyway, the rear one kept juddering when on and the fronts kept missing parts. the new ones not only look the part but work much better, plus they work well at high speeds due to the aero design.

The Slug said:
if you bought them from Vagparts, i think they send it out with the polo rear blade. Thats what mine came with anyway and i think it works fine as it sweeps just under the rear tail light which i think is just enough.
I had a long chat with Martin at VAGParts when I bought mine. We talked about the Touran blade, and I even emailed him links to the discussion (with pictures) about it on Tyresmoke. I thought they might have started including it instead of the Polo blade, but apparently not.

I got the Touran blade with my bits from Vagparts because i asked for it,

as far as i am aware, vagparts still have not added a rear kit to their S3 shop.

howdy from down under
i've got aeros on ther front of the s3 but was advised ( vagparts) nothing cleared the rear spoiler on the s3 .Apparently not the case.
so do i need bits from the 'old' polo or the new one .
also my wiper ( BAM S3) goes (L) to (R) - the older S3's seem to go the other way.
any help with part nos greatly appreciated.
jonathan

jpgibson said:
...was advised ( vagparts) nothing cleared the rear spoiler on the s3...
Talk to them again but tell them you want the rear aero kit with the Touran blade. If they tell you again that nothing clears the spoiler tell them that they're talking b*ll*cks ;)

thanks but i was hoping to get the bits here in oz ( save on postage ) - unfortunately we dont have the touran here.
the polo wiper changed in 2003 and i dont know if i need the earlier or later one ?????
thanks anyway
maybe i'll just bite the bullet and pay the postage
jonathan