tCarbon FMIC Kit for 225 Audi TT

SwedeS3

Reaction score
dunno if it would fit but by god its cheap!

To me, thats more the price you would expect considering the work invovled, these people charging £600 are taking liberties, theres no way a FMIC is worth 300% more than the manufacturing costs.

I had a look at the shipping costs and the site estimated £65 to deliver to uk so that wasnt too bad either.
It say's it will fit 225 TT so i think it should also fit an S3, could anybody confirm or deny this please.
For the price it is so much cheaper than uk kits asdthey don't even come with the silicon pipes like this kit does.

Cheers

It may work, it may not! However, for the price its worth a go! Even if you have to ebay it if it doesnt fit.

Rich

RichA3Turbo said:
It may work, it may not! However, for the price its worth a go! Even if you have to ebay it if it doesnt fit.

Rich

I have emailed the company to see what they say, i'll post reply once i get it. but like you said for that price it's worth just buying it .

Cheers

yeah some TT guy would pay £300 for it im sure.

to be honest.......even if it doesnt fit it shouldnt cost much to adapt a few things here and there to make it fit.Definately worth trying anyway!

The company probably wont know if it will fit or not a they didnt get the S3 over there.

Rich

I got a reply from the company.....

Hey,

To be honest with you I can not tell 100% if it will fit or not. It looks possible but
I'm not sure if it would fit behind the bumper guard, the bumper, ect. What I would
be willing to do is send you one when available and if it doesn't fit refund you when
I get the items back.

Let me know...

I have emailed him back to get the dimensions of his kit to compare to a forge one etc.

Cheers

Ok guys, got another email from company with dimensions etc,

"The core is 28"x9"x3". It's tricky though because that is the TOTAL width and
it's not that wide at all points. The actual "core" is 21"x9"x3" ..."

Like you said Richa3turbo, they havent tried fitting this to an S3.

What i wanted to ask is how do these dimensions compare to an intercooler especailly designed for S3, like the Forge intercooler, i had a look on there website but couldnt find any dimensions and just wanted to compare.

Thanks

Right i have bitten the bullet and have been talked into getting one of there deveolpment kits and going to trail it and see if it will fit the s3.

Well it will fit one way or the other Lol :haudrauf:

I'll post more when it is done

Cheers

cool, so there are only slightly different sizes.

so the questio is, will i be able to get away with just the single fmic or do i still need one smic in circuit still??

Do you still have a smic with the forge fmic.

( god there's a lot of smic,fmics etc in there, sorry) Lol

:blink:

will the airflow to a fmic really be good enough? there isnt much of a grille down there is there?

The only reason I still have one SMIC istalled is becaus I've got a Star performance FMIC, which is small and needs the SMIC for it to work properly. The bad thing is there's a huge pressure difference between the SMIC and FMIC, so it's best to just have one big one on the front. The only concern I have about the IC you're getting is where the outlets are located, if they were at the bottom of the IC I'd say you find it easier to fit.

Having done a few tests with an intercooler similar to the TCarbon one (on a SEAT CupraR, has the same style as the S3 originally), the inlet temps when measured where fantastic, their recovery time from being stationary was very rapid.
Once we get the intercooler and mounted it onto SwedeS3's car we will be able to report back more information but it looks like it is going to be very good.
If I am happy with how it works and how it fits then we will be supplying these over this side of the pond for TCarbon, plus it opens up to you guys getting REVO stage2 onto your car's.

Watch this space.

Hey guys this may sound really stupid but ive got a 210 s3 and was wondering if this would fit on mine or would it be a tottaly different fitment? Cheers!

well mate, I'd say wait for Swede to try his one out first, mainly because this kit is for a TT and not an S3. Personally I believe a FMIC from E-bay that's suited for the S3 or Golfs would be much easier to fit. You can take a look at me website and see my small FMIC :beerchug:

Nope you can go straight to stage 2 (£549+VAT), if you have stage 1 (£499+VAT)already then it is just a swap over and a charge of £50 extra, with a better downpipe and exhaust you would really get the benefits from stage 2 but we have done a couple of CupraR's without the DP and exhaust and got very good result's.
Luckily on the S3 there is no need for the 4Bar fuel pressure regulator as the injectors are big enough to cope

Corey said:
Nope you can go straight to stage 2 (£549+VAT), if you have stage 1 (£499+VAT)already then it is just a swap over and a charge of £50 extra, with a better downpipe and exhaust you would really get the benefits from stage 2 but we have done a couple of CupraR's without the DP and exhaust and got very good result's.
Luckily on the S3 there is no need for the 4Bar fuel pressure regulator as the injectors are big enough to cope

What is the benifit from stage 2 over stage 1? i have 1, and was thinking of getting 2 done! How long does it take you to do?

Stage2 software gives you a wider range of adjustment (setting 9 is higher on 2 than 1) to make the most of the lower intake and exhaust gas temps from the bolt on mods, it allows for more boost at the top end and uses a more aggressive fuelling map.
So when you make the car breathe better (downpipe and exhaust) it really opens up the scope for this chassis.
Then if you want to start looking at bigger turbo's injector's etc we can then look further ;)

nicklght said:
Hey guys this may sound really stupid but ive got a 210 s3 and was wondering if this would fit on mine or would it be a tottaly different fitment? Cheers!

Mine is a 210 facelift one, so fingers crossed all goes well when corey rips my car apart to get it to fit.

Cheers

Can I ask you guys are you happy to fit a FMIC that removes your crash bar and replaces it with 1" angle as a bracket , just want to know cos maybe we can look at something else

at the end of the day if you crash at the front end of your car its going to be all smashed up anyway whether you have the crash bar or not really aint it!

Yeah id be interested! fancy a dummy car?:eyebrows:

Forge said:
Can I ask you guys are you happy to fit a FMIC that removes your crash bar and replaces it with 1" angle as a bracket , just want to know cos maybe we can look at something else

Who said anything about removing the crash bar?

The images shown over on AudiWorld by TCarbon are not indicative of the final product we would supply, is business that bad that you need to slate other products?

The crash bar might be the difference between the engine ending up in your lap or staying under the bonnet though!!

At the sort of speeds your talking about to move the engine into the passenger compartment there isn't going to be an awful lot left to polish the next car.

So if it doesnt make that much difference why do Audi bother fitting it?? Could save themselves a lot of money there!!

SwedeS3 said:
Do you still have a smic with the forge fmic.

Nope, their core size seem's to be just right for the S3.

Pablo said:
will the airflow to a fmic really be good enough? there isnt much of a grille down there is there?

There's enough airflow to keep the engine cool with a decent FMIC.

Guys I have no intention of compromising my safety in the car!!

Yes the crash bar was removed on the TT on the audiworld article:-

http://forums.audiworld.com/tt/msgs/1560900.phtml

But that doesn't mean we have to on an S3, the company themselves have told me they have not tested this on an S3, but for the price they are doing these kits for, it is worth investigating to see if it will work on the S3 and what modifications to car/fmic are required to get it to work.

I am being a guinea pig and Corey is going to test and develop this kit to see if we can have another mod for our car's that we all want, but isn't going to cost an arm and a leg.

I am no expert in modding car and am just learning, but after just having REVO and brakes done, I now have the bug that the rest of you have.

Lets just see how it goes, but I will let you all know how it goes

Cheers

Swede

:salute:

P.S. Sorry forgot to say, thanks all for the advice and help you guys have given so far.

Forge said:

I think the Forge crash bar is about the best compromise for me. But if you're open to suggestion, it would have been nice to see slightly larger inlet and outlet diameters, and different piping set-up - currently sits too tightly against the back of the foglights.

I thought the Forge one involved a large section of the crash bar to be cut out anyway, still a compromise on safety!!

No slagging going on from Forge
T Carbon make some quality products .
Just looking to find out what the community view as acceptable with regards to an alternative , we may look to accomodate another design.

As regards removing that crash bar . I am sure it was designed and tested by Audi for a purpose . possibly to helpsave lives .

Oh and business is just fine thanks

Corey said:
Who said anything about removing the crash bar?

The images shown over on AudiWorld by TCarbon are not indicative of the final product we would supply, is business that bad that you need to slate other products?

Forge said:
No slagging going on from Forge
T Carbon make some quality products .
Just looking to find out what the community view as acceptable with regards to an alternative , we may look to accomodate another design.

Product development is always good.

Forge said:
As regards removing that crash bar . I am sure it was designed and tested by Audi for a purpose . possibly to helpsave lives .

legislation???

Forge said:
Oh and business is just fine thanks

Cool:rock:

Defratos said:
soo, doesn't the Forge FMIC need some crash bar "adjustments" i.e. cutting a bit off?

Just had a look at the fitting guide about 50% of the crash bar is removed to allow for the intercooler.

Forge could one be made where the crash barrier doesnt have to be cut which would fit under it maybe? especially since the top section of the cooler is behind the crash barrier/bumper and wont have a cooling affect anyway