Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    Ignoring our other FMIC supplier at the moment, I thought you guys would like a bit of an update to the TCarbon TT225 FMIC fitment on the S3 we are doing today.
    The basic kit we received from TCarbon will not fit the S3, the bracket's are wrong and the hose's foul the fog lights.
    We have manufactured new bracket's to enable the FMIC to fit behind the stock bumper and to enable the crash bar to be used, the crash bar will need to be modified but only a small amount.
    This intercooler is thicker than other's on the market, the inlet and outlet of the intercooler are the same size as the OE pipework, so the hoses will not stepdown causing flow changes as other kit's do.
    We are working through these issues to put together a complete kit for the S3 and have put together a shopping list for the parts to be got tomorrow.
    The kits will come with all parts necessary, we will do the crash bar on an exchange basis and the hoses will be either 4 or 5 ply.

Going back to the comments above, sorry but there is no BS. The 3 bar can withstand a constant 11Bar, now cycle the pressure going through them in a turbocharged car, it is not a constant pressure, they will flex in and out.
    My kits will come with the highest spec possible for my peace of mind, or I can forget the whole thing, just fit one intercooler to the car I have in front of me and let you purchase what is already available?
    Bringing cost effective products to market usually upsets someone but we are only trying to help.
    Mine wont flex in and out as i said the stainless pipes are end to end inside the couplers.Wouldn't this way be better for your kit too???Metal wont flex.Not having a dig just wondered.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    corey fair play for trying to bring something new but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about something. james went for a DIY solution (and a good one in my opinion) and all you do is criticise him. Not to mention the digs at forge (who as I can see havent said anything wrong in this thread).
    back to boost, oh how I missed thee....

Neutral

Status
    OH MY GOD.......

I have seen by car naked and it doesn't look good Lol
    I'm crap at this modding malarky, don't like seeing the inside of the car.

The question is, what prat started this thread about getting a fmic from the states............................................ ..............oh yeh, that was me DOH!!

Well like tcarbon said when I first started this and they emailed me, they have never tried this kit on an S3, and like Corey said there were more differences between the tt and s3 when they are both naked, so we had to fabricate some new brackets to mount it better, but the new brackets are bloody solid and it definatley ain't going nowhere.

There were some issues with the pipework fouling the foglights, but that will all be sorted tommorow, but it was a long old day, god i get out of the office for one day and play garage and i'm bloody shattered Lol.

Will let you all know how it goes tommorow

(guys, if i ask any stupid question like this again, please just tell me to shut up and just drive the thing?!?!)
    Ebony Black 2001 Facelift S3 | BOSE | REVO Stage 1 | Porsche GT3 Brakes | Tcarbon Intercooler | FK Wheel spacers | Painted Headlights

4th Gear

Status
    mate you done the right thing - he who dares

I hope you have pics :D
    back to boost, oh how I missed thee....

Neutral

Status
    yes we got some pics, but i was too busy making coffe and trying to play mechanic ( not very good mind ) so didnt get too many today, but will get more tommorow.

if this was just a one of kit and i didnt car about how we fitted it, it would be a lot easier, but im fussy and am prepared to be a guinea pig as a lot of you guys are interested in this type of thing, and want a good kit that everyone can get done easily without having to cut x, y and z and leaving half your bumper off and not needing mug your bank manager.

hands up to corey, if it was me and i had someone hassling me all day in my workshop, i would off got one of those special hammers and hit me over the head!

(Corey, that doesn't mean you can do it me tommorow)
    Ebony Black 2001 Facelift S3 | BOSE | REVO Stage 1 | Porsche GT3 Brakes | Tcarbon Intercooler | FK Wheel spacers | Painted Headlights

Seeing the world differently.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo
    corey fair play for trying to bring something new but you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about something. james went for a DIY solution (and a good one in my opinion) and all you do is criticise him. Not to mention the digs at forge (who as I can see havent said anything wrong in this thread).
    There are things behind the scenes you don't know about so I am sorry if some of my postings seem a bit off hand, we have tried to show you a bit of the process (to help encourage other's) for producing your own kit (although I would prefer you purchase ours) and there has been nothing but off hand comments to what we are doing.
    Maybe it just must be me?
    I haven't critisised James at all, I applaud anyones self inginuity, from small acorns do big oaks grow.
    Corey
    quattronics
    01636 822288

1st Gear

Status
    I am sure that this is a good kit competition is good , choice is good ,
    Only thing that matters is if the customers is happy .

Neutral

Status
    hi guys,

just to back up Corey's last post, there has been some dealing in the background that are a bit ****ty. End of the day i am a client the same as you guys and i shoudn't have to wait for 4 weeks for parts and then them not bothering sending them.
    The question is, if i ordered direct as a client instead of through a company, would I have had the same treatment
    ??

Im not starting a slagging match or pointing fingers, this is a topic i started about doing some work on my car and wanting to do it so it would work for other peopole.
    just a bit pissed off that 'me' as a client is getting the run around, it wouldn't be so bad if it was just for a few quid, but when spending hundrends of pounds, you expect perfect customer service, from however you order the parts

Sorry, rant over.....Lets get back on topic

Well im going back into the garage this morning to finish this off and will take loads of pics and let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Swede

6th Gear

Status
    I only posted on here as i was concerned about altering the crash bar and thought other people would be too.I just wanted to show people who could DIY it a way which was simple and cheap.Im sure people will still buy Forge and Coreys intercooler kits as alot of people would like it fitted by professionals.

hud at ye bam

Status
    As a side note, I have a Forge FMIC, with the modified crashbar. I recently crashed the car when someone pulled out in front of me and despite a slight bend at the end of the bar, there was no significant damage to it - it did it's job. And no comeback from the insurance company either.
    [/sarcasm]

Riding on V8 power

Status
    thats good to know chris!

looking foward to seeing some pics of the kit on swedes S3 and then wait for corey to come up with some prices! :D
    German iz ze vay forvard!
    Made with vorspung durch tecnik

2003 Noggy S4 Avant - 344bhp of pure V8 muscle

Neutral

Status
    ok so things have ground to a holt, as we needed to get some silicon hoses custom made, so i'll wait until we get those until we take any more pics, but its looking good.

Neutral

Status
    got the car back tonight with a bloody huge intercooler fitted to it.
    It looks really awesome, Corey has taken loads of photos of the install, so I'll leave it for him to post all the pics, I'll take some pics tommorow so you can see it on the car.

Neutral

Status
    ohhh do share i have been following patiently
    Any crash bar modification need?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    despite a slight bend at the end of the bar, there was no significant damage to it
    Was there any impact to the middle of the crash bar,isn't that the bit that gets cut and weakened?

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    Huuummmm, some pics would be good about now, me thinks??
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

Status
    Guys, I will update this thread in a day or 2, we are knee deep in bhp at the moment and are not spending as much time as we would like at the computer.
    The intercooler fitted very well, we had to have custom hose work done so we weren't able to use the items from TCarbon, which has invariably put the price up, however on the plus side we have been able to fit larger diameter pipework than some other FMIC available, we have kept the pipe a contant size from the turbo to the inlet.
    Pictures will follow I promise but it does look good, it was worth the late nights!!!
    Corey
    quattronics
    01636 822288

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    still no progress? u can always e-mail me the pics I've got time on my hand to upload a few pics (10min max) just really curious how it all looks
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

Riding on V8 power

Status
    yeah me 2! i wanna see

Status
    all my software etc for images etc went with the laptop to heaven in the sky.
    All I have at the moment is the office tower pc and it hasn't got the software on it, just the accounts and internet.
    I haven't even downloaded the images from the camera yet because of this issue.
    I know it doesn't help but they do look good!!!

Don't you do patience? lol
    Corey
    quattronics
    01636 822288

Riding on V8 power

Status
    as they, patience is a vertue, but not in this sitution im afraid! hahaha we want pics!

take your time mate theres no rush we are just being impatient, but the sooner you get em posted the sooner you gonna have more clients!

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    why doesn't Swede upload any pics? I mean when I did my IC I was camera mad and took pics of everything, uploaded it same day to get feed back, would be nice to see even one pic

Audi S3-BAM

Neutral

Status
    Sorry guys,

but i didnt get any photo's of the installation as Corey took them with his camera while I was being playing silly bugger and painting my headlights (which look cool Lol) and like he said his laptop has gone pete tong so need to wait for him to see them.
    Even i haven't seen the photo's yet and i want to see them also, so here are a couple I took over the weekend, not great as weather was ****, but hopefully you should be able to see the F*****g huge intercooler Lol

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    Looks really nice mate, fills the bumper just right . I feel for Corey my computer gone nuts as well, internet won't work (using my lil laptop), would like to see the pipe work as I need to sort my IC out soon.

Does the car feel different in any way? performance?

Audi S3-BAM

6th Gear

Status
    Looks like a good fit from what we can see.The front vent is tiny on the S3.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    Looks really nice mate, fills the bumper just right . I feel for Corey my computer gone nuts as well, internet won't work (using my lil laptop), would like to see the pipe work as I need to sort my IC out soon.

Does the car feel different in any way? performance?
    it certainly sounds different, feels meater but that might just be me thinking it, so not sure, need to do some more logging runs when Corey has his laptop again, but is definatley going to make a difference to temps etc

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    just curious any mods needed to the crash bar?

Audi S3-BAM

Neutral

Status
    yes mate, unfortunatley it needed to be cut because the intercooler is a fatboy Lol, the intercooler is mounted direct to the car with custom bracket/angle iron and not to the crashbar, so this offers protection back in place of the bit that needed to be trimmed on crashbar.

Ideally Its not what i wanted to do, but seeing as its done on other kits, it a compromise we needed to make to fit this bad boy in.

cheers

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    yeah mate, I know what you mean, I still don't understand how you can get a decent sized IC behind the standard crash bar, I think it's either chop it off or go buy an expensive new one <---can't really afford it

Audi S3-BAM

Status
    Ok finally got the laptop sorted and we now have images for you eager guys.
    The patient

The medicine

The cure
    Last edited by Corey; 1st December 2006 at 09:35.
    Corey
    quattronics
    01636 822288

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    looks very meaty.ok so now the questions:
    Did you run the pipework up like that to stop it from hitting the fog lights? Does the bumper close ok?
    Is it held on by the top mounts only? (they should be enough) did u just screw the top mount bar onto the body?
    Finally how does the crash bar look on the car with the IC?

Really liking the pipework, just wondering it it'll be better to have to all flowing smoother, but it looks like it does the job, any VAG reading yet? and Nice job mate

Audi S3-BAM

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    p.s. the little linky at the bottom doesn't work

Audi S3-BAM

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    lol ignore the post above

Audi S3-BAM

Status
    looks very meaty.ok so now the questions:
    Did you run the pipework up like that to stop it from hitting the fog lights? Does the bumper close ok?
    the pipework had to snake like that to clear the fog lights and the aliens, space is at a premium behind the bumper
    Is it held on by the top mounts only? (they should be enough) did u just screw the top mount bar onto the body?
    Finally how does the crash bar look on the car with the IC?
    the intercooler is supported above and below, the bracket ties the upper part to the inner support, there is a lower bracket that is not visable
    Really liking the pipework, just wondering it it'll be better to have to all flowing smoother, but it looks like it does the job, any VAG reading yet? and Nice job mate
    Ideally I would prefer it to be one hose each side but the tooling to produce it is expensive.
    Test results will be next week, as I type I am in the media centre at the Milenium Stadum in Cardif watching the Rally of GB, so it is a bit difficult to test the S3 at the moment. I got this to play with for the weekend.

There are times when I love my job
    Corey
    quattronics
    01636 822288

Riding on V8 power

Status
    looking very good! will be interesting to see what happens on testing! you worked out any figures for a price yet?

Neutral

Status
    Did anymore come of this?

i.e. prices test results?

looking at doing this before a stage 2 map

Cheers Keith

Riding on V8 power

Status
    Yeah, its been 6 weeks now since we last heard off you! Any prices yet got money in my pocket burning a hole!!

Imthegod

Status
    Any news on this?

Nick Light

6th Gear

Status
    Shhsshhh, I think the Forge guys had him "bumped off!" lol!! :-)

Neutral

Status
    maybe they did lol i phoned and enquired about this and after a talk was told "ill give you a call from the office tomorrow" and have not heard anything since so a forge fmic now sits behind my bumper!

maybe it was a case of my number being written down wrong but i got a deal on the forge so hey ho.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast