Chris NottVolks Autos
Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    rickparmar's Avatar
    va va voom

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    2,269
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

    Still need Remap

    2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Stewart's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Blackpool, UK
    Posts
    696
    Who cares, someone bought it!

    Your sig should read "2006 I wish for an Audi S3"

    I'm not being funny I'm currently on a mission to correct everyones spelling and grammar. This country is going to the dogs!
    Correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation costs nothing.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

    There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

    Clicky Here!

  4. #3
    Randomjim's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sussex, Uk
    Posts
    2,747
    lol on a mission
    Built in Germany, Perfected in England

  5. #4
    rickparmar's Avatar
    va va voom

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    2,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Who cares, someone bought it!

    Your sig should read "2006 I wish for an Audi S3"

    I'm not being funny I'm currently on a mission to correct everyones spelling and grammar. This country is going to the dogs!
    Correct use of grammar, spelling and punctuation costs nothing.
    think your going mad, its always been an
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

    Still need Remap

    2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

  6. #5
    DPM
    DPM's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Newcastle/Durham
    Posts
    4,287

    My Social Networking

    Follow DPM On Twitter Add DPM on Facebook Visit DPM's Instagram Channel
    DPM Performance
    The premier online suspension and performance specialists
    W: www.dpmperformance.co.uk
    T: 01207 561606
    E: sales@dpmperformance.co.uk

  7. #6
    hud at ye bam

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar
    think your going mad, its always been an
    Lol, I think he's referring to your lower case i. Should be I not i, heh heh heh
    [/sarcasm]

  8. #7
    rickparmar's Avatar
    va va voom

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    2,269
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    Lol, I think he's referring to your lower case i. Should be I not i, heh heh heh
    think the speed getting to your head, its always been I lol

    only joking any other mistakes ?????
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

    Still need Remap

    2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

  9. #8
    Stewart's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Blackpool, UK
    Posts
    696
    Yes, use a capital when starting a sentence and some punctuation would be nice!

    That's another detention for you my lad.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

    There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

    Clicky Here!

  10. #9
    batwad's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Beds
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    I'm not being funny I'm currently on a mission to correct everyones spelling and grammar.
    You missed the apostrophe out of "everyone's"

  11. #10
    TQS
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar
    think your going mad, its always been an
    Should be 'you are' which gets abbreviated to you're as opposed to 'your'


  12. #11
    hud at ye bam

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar
    think the speed getting to your head, its always been I lol

    only joking any other mistakes ?????
    If we're going to get anal about this, then the Sport in your sig should be capitalised as it is the model name of the car you had.


    By the way, I've looked and looked but I can't find Rarrr! in the dictionary.
    [/sarcasm]

  13. #12
    TQS
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    If we're going to get anal about this, then the Sport in your sig should be capitalised as it is the model name of the car you had.
    ...could also do with a few commas here and there ;-)

  14. #13
    dubhyper's Avatar
    Illegally Street

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    B/wood
    Posts
    128

    Wink got to add my two pennys worth

    Sig? What it that short for? Signature. Which either could not be spelt correctly or to lazy to type it in full...seeing as we are being anal...I also was under the impression that the expression is "going to pot", I may be wrong on this one though....
    Last edited by dubhyper; 11th October 2006 at 15:54.

  15. #14
    Stewart's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Blackpool, UK
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by batwad
    You missed the apostrophe out of "everyone's"
    Stupid boy, there should be no apostrophe!

    Admittedly it is bad use of a pronoun to infer the plural in that way...

    Detention for you as well!
    Last edited by Stewart; 11th October 2006 at 22:27.
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

    There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

    Clicky Here!

  16. #15
    rickparmar's Avatar
    va va voom

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    2,269
    lol you lot are funny

    so what does everyone think about the RS3 badge lol
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

    Still need Remap

    2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

  17. #16
    batwad's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Beds
    Posts
    841
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Stupid boy, there should be no apostrophe!

    Admittedly it is bad use of a pronoun to infer the plural in that way...

    Detention for you as well!
    Ahem...

    "No apostrophe is used in the following possessive pronouns and adjectives: yours, his, hers, ours, its, theirs, and whose. [...] All other possessive pronouns ending in s do take an apostrophe: ones; everyones; somebodys, nobody elses, etc." (from Wikipedia - I know it's a crap source but it's correct)

    Stupid I may be, but correct I am also

  18. #17
    TQS
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    267
    Maybe not batwad...

    As the everyones is referring to two items, correct me if i'm wrong, but shouldn't the apostrophe be after the 's' as in everyones' .... ?

  19. #18
    batwad's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Beds
    Posts
    841
    Not quite, TQS. Although "everyone" is a singular pronoun, it refers to an indefinite number of people (or persons, but let's not get into that debate ). In this respect it behaves in the same way as "group" (e.g.: "the group's opinion is blah", "the group is small").

    The difference here though, and I might be wrong on this occasion as I don't have my trusty OED to hand, is that "everyone" is an uncountable pronoun and as such cannot be pluralised. "Group" can, of course (e.g.: "several groups performed on Top Of The Pops"). If it could be pluralised the following sentence would be grammatically correct: "everyones are big and hairy" Also, you would never say "the everyone" or "two everyones" so it must be uncountable.

    I love languages and could go on all day but would probably bore everyone stupid. So to lighten the mood:

  20. #19
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Midlands,England
    Posts
    44
    Haha this poor guys thread has been molested for long enough.
    The RS3 badge is just a badge that he probably bought off ebay, means nothing.

    (I even stopped to think if "guys" had an apostrophe then thanks to the previous ranting lol )

  21. #20
    Stewart's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Blackpool, UK
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by funkymofo
    Haha this poor guys thread has been molested for long enough.
    The RS3 badge is just a badge that he probably bought off ebay, means nothing.

    (I even stopped to think if "guys" had an apostrophe then thanks to the previous ranting lol )
    I'll bow to batwads' superior research

    I think guys should be guys' as it denotes possesion of the thread lol
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

    There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

    Clicky Here!

  22. #21
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tonbridge, Kent
    Posts
    912
    He spelt Nogaro wrong. He put negaro.........

  23. #22
    hud at ye bam

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by TQS
    ...could also do with a few commas here and there ;-)
    Not so, perfectly executed grammer.... ...in my opinion.
    [/sarcasm]

  24. #23
    Stewart's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Blackpool, UK
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    Not so, perfectly executed grammer.... ...in my opinion.
    Which part??

    If you're referring to this quote then you can have detention as well!! :-

    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar
    think the speed getting to your head, its always been I lol

    only joking any other mistakes ?????
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

    There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

    Clicky Here!

  25. #24
    Distant Sun's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    Not so, perfectly executed grammer.... ...in my opinion.
    'grammar'

  26. #25
    hud at ye bam

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Which part??

    If you're referring to this quote then you can have detention as well!! :-

    Quote Originally Posted by rickparmar
    think the speed getting to your head, its always been I lol

    only joking any other mistakes ?????
    No, I was referring to the needless correction of my post.
    [/sarcasm]

  27. #26
    hud at ye bam

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Aberdeenshire
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Distant Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    Not so, perfectly executed grammer.... ...in my opinion.
    'grammar'
    Oh f*cksocks!!!!
    Last edited by ChriS3; 12th October 2006 at 16:38.
    [/sarcasm]

  28. #27
    JamS3's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees
    Posts
    2,248
    What was this thread on about again???
    NOW - Audi S3 Facelift - Sprint Blue, RNS-E Sat Nav, SDS, Bluetooth Phone Prep, Bose, Cruise, Buckets, FBMFSW, Adaptive Lights, Int Light Pack, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Piano Black Inserts, Through Load, Auto Dim RV Mirror/Wing, Auto Wipers/Lights, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Ipod Dock, Front Arm Rest, Rear/Front Parking Sensors, 1st Aid Kit, Rear Arm Rest, H + R Springs, Front 15mm Spacers, Rear 10mm Spacers.

  29. #28
    Stewart's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Blackpool, UK
    Posts
    696

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ChriS3
    Oh f*cksocks!!!!
    LOL !
    Rarrrr! I'm not Lesdyxic!

    There are three kinds of people in the world, those who can count, and those who can't.

    Clicky Here!

  30. #29
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    16
    No Comment ! On the English

    Anyway swiftly moving on the RS3 badge was bought off ebay.

  31. #30
    Adams3's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    407
    I like the way some of the adverts for these badges on ebay say original RS3 badges, where do these come from to be original?

    When did Audi build an RS3???


    1999 AUDI S3 | AMD STAGE 2 REMAP | MILTEK CAT BACK EXHAUST | VIPER DIVERTER VALVE | EBC TURBO GROOVE DISCS | RED STUFF CERAMIC PADS | 18" RS6 REPLICA ALLOYS | ANDYMAC 'BOSE' UPGRADE.

  32. #31
    Peloton's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    354
    Quote Originally Posted by batwad
    Not quite, TQS. Although "everyone" is a singular pronoun, it refers to an indefinite number of people (or persons, but let's not get into that debate ). In this respect it behaves in the same way as "group" (e.g.: "the group's opinion is blah", "the group is small").

    The difference here though, and I might be wrong on this occasion as I don't have my trusty OED to hand, is that "everyone" is an uncountable pronoun and as such cannot be pluralised. "Group" can, of course (e.g.: "several groups performed on Top Of The Pops"). If it could be pluralised the following sentence would be grammatically correct: "everyones are big and hairy" Also, you would never say "the everyone" or "two everyones" so it must be uncountable.

    I love languages and could go on all day but would probably bore everyone stupid. So to lighten the mood:
    Excellent!

    Meanwhile, back at the ranch.......

    I can't stand 'add-on' badges! The worst are the real 'bleu-fromage' ridden cavalier's (and the likes) that have a whole plethora of badges stuck all over the proverbial 'shop'!

    I'm bound to have made an arse of my grammer/spelling in there somewhere!
    2000 Audi S3

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO