EM TuningBadger5

Thread: Gear Knobs

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Question Gear Knobs

Hey guys, ok so I was taking a look at my friend's S3 and he's got a different shifter to mine (the knob that is), it looks like this:

Mine looks like this

Now I wanted to ask where I can get the standard S3 one from? and would the TT shifts from VAG parts fit? (as pictured below?)

cheers, for any help.

P.S. Since I'm asking about shifters, do any of you know where I can get the standard S3 steering wheel from? and get the airbag to work? This multi-function crap sucks
    Last edited by Defratos; 10th October 2006 at 15:42.
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Your mate has a facelift dash which = facelift gearknob

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    I've got an Audi all metal shifter for my S3 that I got through VAG Parts however it came with the surround and leather gaitor for the facelift so I had to swap over just the knob bit. They stopped listing it not long after I got mine (which took an age to arrive 6wks +).

Neutral

Status
    are the ones on VAG parts genuine Audi parts?

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ndy
    are the ones on VAG parts genuine Audi parts?
    Yes, but they get their parts direct from Germany. There's a few things that are RHD specific that they can't get (floormats).
    [/sarcasm]

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    How come mine isn't a facelift dash? Everything else is (i.e. Lights) I thought maybe the previous owner got it with the multi-function steering wheel.
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by god_thats_quick
    I've got an Audi all metal shifter for my S3 that I got through VAG Parts however it came with the surround and leather gaitor for the facelift so I had to swap over just the knob bit. They stopped listing it not long after I got mine (which took an age to arrive 6wks +).
    Was this the original S3 one? or an aftermarket all metal one?

Audi S3-BAM

Big Ron

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    his dash looks like its a facelift aswell so I cant see why he has a different gear knob..

...anyone know where I can pick up an S3 leather handbrake? Tried vagparts and they dont do them

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    Was this the original S3 one? or an aftermarket all metal one?
    I'll see if I've got a pic when I get home - it's not quite the same as the TT one you've got a pic of and I've got a friend with an S3 that's got the same one in his facelift S3 (or the previous owner did the same as me) so I think it must have been an official factory option or accessory on the later cars.

PS... your's is a facelift car, don't worry I think they must have changed the design of the gear knob a few times.

5th Gear

Status
    There was an all metal one in the gmbh exclusive range which was a supplement to the brochure from 2002 onwards. It was so annoying as most dealers didn't know it existed so not many people benefited from specing their parts.

It also had carbon insert options and the factory lowered suspentsion available seperately for avus wheeled cars (was standard with the 18"RSTT's - thats why they were an £2500 option) etc etc.