Induction

Quattro_Lew

All Torque
Reaction score
Guys,

Which cold air induction out there for the A3's gives best results?

I like the look of the Carbonio but i just thought id ask everyone to see what their opinions are.

cheers

I too have the Carbonio CAI. Previously I had a green panel filter in the OE air box with an 80mm pipe feeding cold air from the bumper, and before that I had the good 'ol Paper Filter and stock piping.

I logged the MAF readings of all 3 and none of them gave better airflow results than the other.

I have the Carbonio purely because it makes your dump valve go wooshy ;) but for nearly £200 you're halfway to a decent remap, which is money far far better spent :)

remap is gonna happen aswell, but just wondering which induction kit to partner the exhaust system would be best.

hoping to be making around 230-240bhp with remap, induction and exhaust. But saying that for the same price ish i could install the K04 turbo, decisions...

Quattro_Lew said:
remap is gonna happen aswell, but just wondering which induction kit to partner the exhaust system would be best.

hoping to be making around 230-240bhp with remap, induction and exhaust. But saying that for the same price ish i could install the K04 turbo, decisions...
To fit ko4 you will need a lot more bits,bigger samco tip,bigger maf,injectors and thats if you go for a hybrid for easier fitment ko4/ko3 fitment or you need new manifolds as well£££.You will need a fmic in order to hit these figures , a full system inc front pipe and cat and a st2 map for better fueling.

ANDYTQ said:
To fit ko4 you will need a lot more bits,bigger samco tip,bigger maf,injectors and thats if you go for a hybrid for easier fitment ko4/ko3 fitment.You will need a fmic in order to hit these figures , a full system inc front pipe and cat and a st2 map for better fueling.I was only getting 225 from what you describe.

Basically, anyone running a K03Sport wants to run the same setup as AndyTQ.

I said it to you at AMD, but your car is a fine example of how to modify the 1.8T; 250bhp/295lb_ft is the most powerful K03s i've seen and your graphs show it delivers it smoothly and for a looooong time. I'll let you off the fact you cheated with the fueling ;)

For £8 who cares,lol,everyone else had v-power in the tanks,its just the "good"octane booster enabled me to run better(more aggressive) timing and boost settings safely,plus with revo its so easy to switch settings to suit the fuel.I filled up on the way home from amd and knocked the timing back 2 settings,until i can get some more everyday type millers.Cvl turbo is only recommended for occasional use,trackdays ,rr days etc unless you have decat pipe.Continued use will damage the cat.

We shall see how the ko4 hybrid goes for next time,new larger ported exhaust manifold,ko4/ko3s hybrid,s3 injectors,s3 maf,s3 samco tip and another remap,cause i can,lol.I forgot to take you for a spin sorry Paul,next time maybe,before turbo swap,are you going to combe next week?