Will TT pedals fit an S3

Parf7

Reaction score
Will the alloy pedals off a TT fit an S3?

I thought these pedals were alloy? If they are then there is no way you can stretch alloy, or am I missing somthing here?

Mossy,
They are a rubber pedal with an alloy coverplate sitting over the top, with the rubber protruding through the holes. If you get my drift. The rubber needs to be stretched over the actual foot pedal.

bb s3, im in Sydney and have the TT pedals, just ring up Spare Parts Audi and ask for the 3 Pedals.. Will cost you about $90aud all up

The dead pedal has to be ordered and modified to fit, so I didnt bother

......any other opinions on the LHD or RHD accelerator pedal choice, as I am thinking of doing this mod to my S3?

I have just fitted a complete set, all RHD. No problems what so ever. The fit was perfect

fitted a LHD set of pedals a week ago.
fits and looks perfect!!!
Thinking about the footrest because the dealer couldnt find the part # (??) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
8N1 864 777A

See....

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks again dude! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
oh yeah........is it worth getting them from Audi, who are charging £7.14 per pedal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

If you take a look above the accelerator pedals only a few quid and it's only the brake and clutch that are 7 or 8 pounds. I've seen the sets available through sites at well over 20 quid and would say that Audi is probably the cheapest in this case.

[ QUOTE ]
MarkS3 said:
Gambba will the footrest (part number shown) fit my LHD S3, thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Mark, the part number is for LHD vehicles only. If you save the pic that I posted you can zoom in and see the top numbers are for LHD with the various colour options underneath.

Well, the footrest seems to fit just fine on a LHD A3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, "Linking" doesn't work cause you can't say Tiresmoke on ASN /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SO here:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

hey Drill,
is that the denim blau version?
so only the strip on the left side is blue?
looks verrrry good. much better then the plastic standard footrest.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Thx fellas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Jereon, yup, it's the Blau one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

As for fitting, it was pretty simple, undid the phillips screw, pushed the old one up, and pulled it out. Lined the new one up, slid it down (while pounding a bit on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) when the screw hole lined up, I put the screw in, and viola! Done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I received my TT pedals from VAG Parts on Saturday. Fitted the brake and clutch pedals fine but the TT accelerator pedal is quite a bit wider at the back than my standard pedal, therefore won't fit!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Any Ideas? btw i have a late 2001 model RHD A3 1.8TS and I ordered the LHD pedal.

[ QUOTE ]
Leddy said:
I received my TT pedals from VAG Parts on Saturday. Fitted the brake and clutch pedals fine but the TT accelerator pedal is quite a bit wider at the back than my standard pedal, therefore won't fit!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i recieved mine on saturday from vag parts as well!!! fitted to my golf no probs...bit fidly mind and the acc pedal had to be bent staright a bit (easy to do with hands).

you sure its a lhd acc pedal, mine is 44mm wide exactly and its definatly lhd.

yes my TT pedal is 44mm also, however my stock pedal is only 34mm!!! did they change the acc. pedal on later A3's?

No the new (TT) pedal is too big!!! i did soak the brake and clutchpedal however and this made them easier to fit, but i doubt this method will shrink my new pedal!!!

I had to glue the acc pedel over my old cover it was alittle Blue Peter ish but it to worked.

James

i must admit to considering this but it would be prouder than the others, can't be right as other guys here are happily exchanging them??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leddy said:
yes my TT pedal is 44mm also, however my stock pedal is only 34mm!!! did they change the acc. pedal on later A3's?

[/ QUOTE ]

from the sound of it you need a RHD accelarater pedal...phone the supplier and see if they'll exchange it (but get them to measure a RHD one first!).

[ QUOTE ]
Leddy said:
No the new (TT) pedal is too big!!! i did soak the brake and clutchpedal however and this made them easier to fit, but i doubt this method will shrink my new pedal!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, wasn't paying attention /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I had no idea that the pedals would be so much smaller on RHD /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I can't understand what all the fuss is about...

RHD car...RHD TT pedals.
LHD car is different.

I've had my TT pedals in for as long as I can remember...and they are a straightforward swap.

Basically, TT, S3, Lupo, Mk4 Golf all are directly interchangable.
Mk3 Golf needs the accelerator pedal straightening to fit a TT/Mk4 Anniversary pedal set - all the rest go straight on.
Last generation Polo (6N / 6N2) require a LHD accelerator pedal when fitting pedal covers.

..and another thing!
Why does everyone - including VAG - refer to them as alloy pedals?
Anyone who has had a close look / feel will know they are not aluminium or any of it's alloys...they are stainless steel.

I'm trying to fita set to a 99 A3TQ , so annoying , they just wont go on , are there different versions for different years ? Will they actually fit anA3 ? Please someone help before i scream and snap them ! lol !

pop existing covers off.

clip new ones on.

Brake pedal is a pig to say the least as it has a hole in the middle which a bung on the back of the new pedal has to pass through to secure.

I did mine with no hot water assistance or any form of tools. just persist.

Did mine last weekend. Clutch was the hardest, one of the corners didn't want to go on. Keep wiggling, it will eventually. Hot (and then very hot) water definately helped.

I got the RHD acc cover for my 02 S3 and it fitted no problem - the easiest of the 3.

[ QUOTE ]

pop existing covers off.

[/ QUOTE ]

so are the existing pedals not secured down with a screw from underneath or anything? I did try forcing the brake pedal but it seemed to be stuck down by something at the top so i didnt bother force it. As for the other pedals i found them even harder to take off so right now im a bit frustrated by it.

I will try this hot water treatment

You need to force them off. they are only held on by Rubber! Mine were stuck on and I used Mole grips to get them off. I actually destroyed them getting them off!

With the new pedal covers, soak them in warm water and it will be much easier to fit.

i managed to get em off yesterday but boy did my fingers ache after lol

the hardest one to get off was the accelerator so i decided to use a screwdriver to yank the plastic bit up and eventually i got it off

the only problem i had in putting the new ones on was for the clutch due to it having to be wrapped around allover - not sure why they didnt make it in the same way as the brake cover. Anyway just got to get the footrest now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Leddy, I have the same problem - TT accelerator pedal too big ie rubber backing 10mm wider so may have to glue it on.