EM TuningVolks Autos
    Swaying towards IHI....

Status

Power cable to the boot...??

Hi there tryingto rig up Some ice i cant find a way to getthe power cable going through the battery into the car?

is there a hole in the heatshield that i can poke it through or something?

Cheers

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Basically route the wire from the battery, under the airbox and into the plastic casing running up the bulkhead into near where the pollon filter is. I found a grommet to the far passenger side of the pollon filter housing to run the wire through into the car. Its then just a case of routing it through to the back under the plastic sill cover and rear quarter trim into the boot area!

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Cheers for that i did it in the end by putting it through the door might re-try it that way though

its alot harder doing this in an audi isnt it! how the hell do you get the rcas into the back of the headunit neatly?? do you have to rip every plastic bit out?

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

1st Gear

Status
    Is it an aftermarket headunit or standard?

I took the large panel from around the steering column out which gave enough room to feed the wires into the rear of the center part of the dash. I ran these along the back of that panel, down to the sill and backwards to the boot.

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    thanks for that its an aftermarket headunit in there, i'll have to see if any of the center plastics come out.

Jason
    A3 1.8TS

Status
    Running RCA's is easy, just remove the glovebox, this gives you a huge amount of space and access to the back of the HU.

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    cheers every-one finshed it last night sounds great!

Jason
    A3 1.8TS