Monster MotorsportBadger5
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Question Would these bolts be too small?

Hey guys, I've just ordered some spacers: 8mmfront 20mmrear. Now I'm getting the right type bolts, but the lengths aren't exact. Now the standard bolt length is 27mm soooo:

Front: 27 + 8 = 35mm
    Rear: 27 + 20 = 47mm

Now I'm getting 35mm bolts for the front (which seems fine) BUT getting 45mm bolts for the rear, Now that's just under 2mm short, would I be fine? or would it be better to be safe rather than sorry?
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    You'll be fine with those..
    You have a few mm to play with...about 5mm I seem to remember...so you'll be just fine.

You have to be careful fitting bolts which are too long as well...especially at the front, as bolts which are too long can pass thtough the disc and hub and hit the ABS sensor ring...bending it as you tighten.
    I found out the hard way! Oops!

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.