Car Steering

MingBluS3

Reaction score
Can someone offer me some advice.

My car is now light on the steering, when i comes to a stop the steering wheel turns left slightly on its own but not every time.
When i brake hard it pulls up straight, but if it hits a slight hole in the road the car literally bounces left and the wheel feels unstable.

This has been happeing since i hit a trench in the middle of the road, anyway there is no visible damage and the tracking is fine (had it checked yesterday) what else could be causing this. He also said that balancing will not make a difference so i left it.
It was only the left wheel that hit the 5 inch deep trench ( thanks to Essex County Council, I'm claiming for a new tyre at the moment but i think there might be more damage) Its going to Audi next week for warranty work and i just want to get them to check over the front end suspension and braking etc..

I know that Audi will say it's fine, but it's not.

Any advice would help?

I have the same problem, after hitting a rather large hole in the road - I feel for you mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've not done anything about it though, other than having the wheel alignment checked - sadly it was only 2 wheel alignment though

Its such a pain..

A visual inspection by Audi where they wiggle the parts is not going to be good enough not exactly peace of mind.

So is AMD the only place for 4wheel alignment.