Chris NottMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spuddie007
    I've been stopped by the police for the german plates.......Ł30 fine, but I never took them off. Will they pass MOT anyone, they were from Dubmeister a few months back. Cheers - Spuddie
    Have they got the german or uk font? I kinda pussied out and bought the UK font....still look great... been too an MOT garage and they said they would have no issues passing them.
    Problem you may have generally depends on where you live and how many boy racers there are . I live out in the sticks so no issues for me... but I work as a doorman and on a sunday night in cheltenham theres the weekly cruise... all the boy racers go round and round in circles in their chaved up saxo's. So the police crack down hard on any modifications... plus they have just installed the new number plate reading camera system (soz dont know the correct name) so they would be totally against anything that isnt the correct colour or font. Im waiting too see if they pull me... keeping the other plates in the boot. I know all the old bill anyways through doing my job and they have let me off numerous times for some bad speeding ... they just want VIP when they are out .... perks of the job.

Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Bayern
    Stadt stickers. The German equivalent of Tax and MOT stamps.
    Ah right. Can Dubmeister supply those? Have you gone for UK fonts too?

Vroom Vroom

Status
    Yup they do - under Show Plates > Seals on the website.
    -------------------------

987 Boxster 2.7 (05) - Current
    A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line (55) - gone
    S3 Quattro (02) - gone

-------------------------

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    I got mine from Germanplates.com, and the Stadt stickers can be got from Dubmeister yes.

I had german font but with reflective plates and a yellow rear. You can't tell the font is German as I dont have any O's or 0's.
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>

Thomas the Tank Engine - Choo, Choo!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bouncer--daz
    Have they got the german or uk font? I kinda pussied out and bought the UK font....still look great... been too an MOT garage and they said they would have no issues passing them.
    Problem you may have generally depends on where you live and how many boy racers there are . I live out in the sticks so no issues for me... but I work as a doorman and on a sunday night in cheltenham theres the weekly cruise... all the boy racers go round and round in circles in their chaved up saxo's. So the police crack down hard on any modifications... plus they have just installed the new number plate reading camera system (soz dont know the correct name) so they would be totally against anything that isnt the correct colour or font. Im waiting too see if they pull me... keeping the other plates in the boot. I know all the old bill anyways through doing my job and they have let me off numerous times for some bad speeding ... they just want VIP when they are out .... perks of the job.
    Yep I also went for the UK font, but they still done me with a Ł30 fine. The car is due MOT next week so will find out then before I sell it on!!!! Company car!!!!
    Was an Audi S3, Pre-Facelift 210 bhp, Security Tints, Standard spec, simple sweet and to the point.

Currently a Golf GT TDi 170 DSG in Pearlescent Black with every conceivable extra available - company car

From June 2011 - Audi A3 Sportback Black Edition 140 tdi (company car) with DSG gearbox, Technology Pack + AMI, Storage Pack, Open Sky Roof System, Comfort Pack, Luggage Pack and Interior Light pack. Oh and it's Monza Silver. Can't wait

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by spuddie007
    Yep I also went for the UK font, but they still done me with a Ł30 fine. The car is due MOT next week so will find out then before I sell it on!!!! Company car!!!!
    Did you have your standard plates in the boot of ur car? What was there reason for the Ł30 fine if you had standard UK font and spacing? The plates are the correct colour and size... so I dont see a problem except for the material they are made from.

Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

3rd Gear

Status
    &#163;50 for plates , you can get them for &#163;20 of e bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/German-Euro-Nu...QQcmdZViewItem

1st Gear

Status
    They don't have the Stadt stickers on those plates though. At least, the option isnt on the auction.

Status
    I know they may seem expensive but once fitted they are worth every penny! The one thing that I will mention is that I had too use 4 screws too fit the surrounds too stop the vibrations from my sub rattling them. You cant hear the rattle inside the car but when washing my car with the music on I noticed it.... was bugging me. Only a minor thing tho

2nd Gear

Status
    popped into Dubmeister today and bought a set of GB plates with surrounds. Very impressed with quality and attention to detail.

Fitted to the car this evening - loking good, cheers Dubmeister
    S3(225) - Dolpin Grey | Leather/Silver Alcantara | Bose | ViperDV | Samco Hoses | Eibach Pro-Kit | H&R Spacers | Brembo GT kit | AreoWipers | BlueTooth | Dension Icelink | New engine, Clutch, Turbo, Water pump thanks to Cambelt @ 79,000 miles | New short engine thanks to ****ed valve 22,000 miles later!

Boydie
    Quote Originally Posted by nick-barnes07
    Ł50 for plates , you can get them for Ł20 of e bay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/German-Euro-Nu...QQcmdZViewItem
    thats where i got mine from - excellent site and delivery is so fast!! supplies you with a fitting kit as well

you can get the stickers for the middle of the plate but they are a separate auction but he will include them in the same order and post - they cost Ł5 and you can choose any area sticker you like

obviously VAG boys will buy wolfsburg as it is the homeland of Audi

3rd Gear

Status
    Has anyone used these when driving their uk car on German plates, in Germany? Do German police have a sense of humor failure with them..?
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

3rd Gear

Status
    Just answered my own question, from DUBMEISTER's site:

"Can I have the German Stadt and test plakettes on my German plates?
    Yes, we make a variaty of each to customise your plates further. Ours are replicas, and not exact duplicates of real German Stadt and test stickers., but they bear comparision for show use. Do NOT try to use these on cars that travel out side the UK, or you will get in trouble for sure!"

Interesting as I am off to Germany/Switzerland in a couple of weeks....

Hmm.
    Coming back to Audi with an A3 Tdi Sportback Quattro... but the 220bhp T5 was epic....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12