Xenon lights

Khufu

Reaction score
I have just bought a pair of Xexon S3 lights off of e-bay to replace my very badly pitted A3 halogen lights. Just occured to me, do the pre-facelift lights also have automatic levelers? If they do, will I still be able to adjust them myself? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

khufu, all Xenons have auto-levelling I think, it's a legal requirement.

The auto-levelling stuff is at the back, shouldn't be that hard to er, make it fit if needed. As your not that far from me, if you want a look at mine, give me a shout.

Just remember and get yourself some protectors, well worth it after the sandstorm run I'm sure you'll agree. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers, I have had a quick look at the ETKA6 and it shows a sensor at the front and one at the rear. I'll see what comes and take it from there. As you say, those protectors were a godsend that day.

Oooh, one at the front also, I didn't realise that. Mine's going in on Tuesday to get the levelling looked at, it's still playing up sometimes.

Do you have version 6 of ETKA? It covers the facelift model up to 2003. PM me if you want it.

I would, but your not accepting PMs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

Drop me a PM when you're accepting them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hi khufu ,we will have to meet up asap as i feel left out for not having the ETKA6 working yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

yes they will have levelers and will also require washers by law.

Link

any chance of a copy of Ekta6 too please.?

Khufu,

If you suceed I want to see a write up on how you got it all working etc.....oh and good luck

What!! You are the guru I was planning seek enlightenment from Gambba! I'm stuffed now LOL. I will see how I get on - and put the process on my homepage if successful.

Ok, I went for the second option and wired the xenon lights to the battery via a relay controlled by the side light power. Everythink is working fine, although I'm sure they will need to be adjusted. So part one is completed, now for part two and to get the self leveling installed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. What a difference even in the workshop - I'm now waiting for darkness to fall.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

They do make a difference don't they! It's only when you drive another car without them (I do) you realise how good they are.

Keep us posted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif