Badger5Sky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Numptie of the highest order

Status
    After me saying a while ago on one of these threads that I didn't see the point, I got fed up with my standard wipers even after having new blades etc juddering all over the place and being pretty crap.

I bought the whole set from VAG-Parts and I'm amazed at the difference, they are silent and work a whole lot better than the standard wipers. The arms we a bit of a pain to change, but well worth the expense and effort.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Wiperblades are baed in Worcester down the road from me. I went for the Bosch Aero Wiper set not Valeo. Still doesnt make full contact with the screen on roght side when at rest but does when in motion. No issues of it lifting or anything at speed. Silent and excellent clearing. Only quibble is that they are chunkier than OE so washer jets are slighlty obstructed. Well worth 20 quid in my opinion.

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    ive just ordered some today, so ill comment when they arrive
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

VAG All the way

Status
    are these the 2 valeo ones i want??? i just searched for my audi a3 1999 and they came up no need for the seat leon search?? but just wondering will these fit

Valeo - UM621Silencio X.TRM Aftermarket FLAT WIPER BLADE UPGRADE 18" ** SPECIAL OFFER WAS 10.95 NOW 10.55 **

Passengers Side - Flat Blade Upgrade Kit
    Period: Oct 1996 - May 2003
    Valeo - UM664Silencio X.TRM Aftermarket FLAT WIPER BLADE UPGRADE 21" ** SPECIAL OFFER WAS 13.99 NOW 12.55 **

Drivers Side - Flat Blade Upgrade Kit
    Period: Oct 1996 - May 2003

Neutral

Status
    Hello,

I'm confused, I have an 2002 S3 and was going to order the seperate Valeo ones -

Valeo - UM621
    Valeo - UM664

That are 23.

But the Bosch ones are 23 Also -

Bosch - AR533S

Are these both a similar product? complete wiper blades and does anyone know if the bosch ones fit the S3/A3.

Thanks

Brian

A dog is for life....not just for friday nights!

Status
    I made my order wednesday morning and they arrived today (friday) so very fast delivery, I went for the bosch wipers, they are so simple to fit... more so than standard and the improvement is awesome with the looks and performance. Clear the screen very well, not a single smear! im happy and a bargin aswell!

Daz - Audi A3 - 18" rs4 alloys - Weitec ultra gt 30mm kit - pipercross panel filter - tints all round - facelight rear lights - clear side repeaters - german style plates - flip out dvd touchscreen hu

Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status
    Bump :

Just had a quick read of this thread as i am getting a new windscreen today so will wanna replace my wipers to compliment it.

just been on wiperblades.co.uk and had a look at what they have for the S3 and it seems to be a choice between Valeo and Bosch but than they have different styles am pretty sure i need one with a spoiler but other than that i am not really sure. I'm thinking to go for the Bosch ones as they have a set of curved blades with spoiler for both Driver and Passenger for only £17.25.

Is that the best option as i don't mind paying a couple of quid more for the others if they are better.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Just fitted Bosch ones (retrofit), excellent wipers.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by abdus
    Just fitted Bosch ones (retrofit), excellent wipers.
    Just found the Bosch Retrofit AeroTwin Wiperblades on ebay for 21 inc P+P for the driver and passenger side so have purchased them. Looking forward to getting them on the car as soon as they show up.
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vrbob
    Just found the Bosch Retrofit AeroTwin Wiperblades on ebay for 21 inc P+P for the driver and passenger side so have purchased them. Looking forward to getting them on the car as soon as they show up.
    I think that's what I bought. (18.50+2.50) AR533s

fitting takes a minute...and makes a huge difference (clean screen, looks, quiet)

Status
    Yup thats the puppy i got even cheaper than the wiperblades.co.uk site so i think thats a pretty good deal.

Hopefully the delivery will be nice n quick so i can get them working on my new windscreen

Status
    Fitted new wipers last week and glad i did with all the rain we had!!

Took 5 mins to fit them and they look and work loads better than the old ones. IMHO highly reccomended as an upgrade when your old style wipers wear out.

6th Gear

Status
    don't forget AUTOBULBS who kindly give a 10% dicscount to forum members total cost £23.17 delivered.

Got mine yesterday, and my god they are excellent, well worth the buy. Just bought another set for the missus' vrs!
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jesters3
    don't forget AUTOBULBS who kindly give a 10% dicscount to forum members total cost 23.17 delivered.

Got mine yesterday, and my god they are excellent, well worth the buy. Just bought another set for the missus' vrs!
    I paid 21 delivered from ebay

Reverse Gear

Status
    Very helpfull thread that I found while searching! I just got some Bosch Aero Blades off ebay and there great! Easy to fit and work loads better than my standard ones!

I'm after a rear one now..

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan1.8T
    Very helpfull thread that I found while searching! I just got some Bosch Aero Blades off ebay and there great! Easy to fit and work loads better than my standard ones!

I'm after a rear one now..
    You should know better stanley! just ditch the rear wiper totally, its much cleaner

Can you msn me a link to the bosch aero wipers? I got the valeo ones about 4 months ago, and they have gone a bit ****e, they smear a bit, and now make a VERY annoying noise when changing direction at the bottom of the screen.

I fancy some bosch ones next
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th Gear

Status
    just ordered some bosch ones

drew

Neutral

Status
    just bought some too from ebay they were under 17 plus postage came to about 20.80 - cheap for a quality Bosch part

ps they were listed under Daihatsu bosch AR533s not Audi
    Last edited by mattosmond; 13th March 2008 at 10:28.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by skanky View Post
    mine arrived from wiperblades the day after i ordered, not had the time to fit them yet but shouldnt be a problem hopefully.

I ordered mine from here too.

Might take you a good 10mins to fit, including a tea break halfway through!

Status
    Just got some bosch ones after my valeo ones wore out in about 12k of winter driving.

Take less than 2 minutes to fit, I had been putting off fitting them, and driving down the M27 last night my valeo blades were smearing so much, I pulled into a petrol station, and fitted them in a few seconds.

Highly rate the bosch ones too, unsure how they compare, as my valeo ones were great when new, but soon went downhill and started smearing the screen after just 2 months....

Time will tell I guess

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Highly rate the bosch ones too, unsure how they compare, as my valeo ones were great when new, but soon went downhill and started smearing the screen after just 2 months....

Time will tell I guess
    mine still perfect after 6 months...still like when it was new

4th Gear

Status
    delivered yesterday, fitted today - about 2/3 inches of the passenger side end is off the glass at rest and misses a smidge of glass at the bottom left, but it's behind the tax disc thingy so doesn't matter, top wipers though in the rain today!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by abdus View Post
    mine still perfect after 6 months...still like when it was new

Thing is, do you drive 2000 miles every month?

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Thing is, do you drive 2000 miles every month?
    1000-1200

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    ive only recently had my fronts replaced with them and they are brilliant!!! got the original bosch jobbys from Audi for 15...... just need to replace the arms to make them look better
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

On the facelift path...

Status
    Ordered mine a month back, finally got them delivered... stupid Royal mail.
    Tried to fit these without looking at the instructions and took me 10-15 mins to do both.

Works a treat, except on the passenger side, it isnt completly flush.
    Can anyone advise me on this? I have made sure there was proper connection and a click sound when attaching.

Either way.. refitted front and rear and have greater visability Good upgrade!

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    I like em..seeing the wiper arms takes a wee bit of getting use to though...
    Turbo Sport, Auto (I know!), A lot of 's -and rising [latest add: Recon'd. tranny] sunk in her since Aug. 07...

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow fanta On Twitter Add fanta on Facebook Add fanta on Google+ Visit fanta's Youtube Channel Visit fanta's Instagram Channel
    god awful website to navigate, I've ben put off by that tbh.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fanta View Post
    god awful website to navigate, I've ben put off by that tbh.
    Things may have changed over the last 5 years! What an old post to resurrect!
    S3 Sportback

3rd Gear

Status
    image.jpg

These are available in most motor factors, halfords etc now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12